Thread: sleeping bag

Default sleeping bag

I've noticed that I might be able to get a sweet deal on a marmot couloir bag, would this be too much duck for the PCT? Should I just hang low and look for something more in the 2lbs range?

BTW, I am a fairly warm sleeper, I don't think that I have been anywhere that a 20F bag didn't keep me warm, but that was in a tent, and with an inflatible ground pad. On my PCT section I will be going with a z-rest and a tarp or tarptent, depending on funds.b

Default Sleeping Bag

Hey Taildragger,

The 0 degree Couloir would be OK for the PCT if you can get a good deal on it. It is maybe a little bit of overkill on the warmth and weight for most of the PCT... but would be nice if you are a cold sleeper... or if you have cold nights at high elevation.

Most people get by with 20 degree bags in the 2lb range... this is good for weight savings, but you will sometimes have to sleep with all of your warm cloths on if it gets too cold. This is what I did, and it was fine.

Anyway, have a great hike!

--Mr. Parkay

Well, I found a sale on some 2006 Heliums, and I just had to jump on one, and man this thing roasts me alive!

Thanks for the advice though, both the couloirs that I had been watching went for more than I wanted to spend.

Can you post a link please?

Already gone (original reason I didn't post)

but there is this still, follow the links in the link, they had one left when I posted this

http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewt...c04fdaf4efa6f1

++ New Posts ++