WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30
    Images

I don't mean to be Waspish, but this thread has become about Fording the Hudson, or perhaps the Delaware (although not at Dover). In light of Dixi's request, we should each make our behavior a good Model. A word to the wise.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

would that be a "Model Ford"??????

thank you ladies and gentlemen. i'll be here all week.

Images

Read it again, Johnny. Slowly.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

i read it. and i made the delivery for you. your welcome.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel;420234***a good Model. A ***. [Groan

TW
    Thanks for the delivery.

TW

SmokeyT says,
    Where you at boy. Hey you give me a call. Love to hear from ya.

1,630 miles and counting earlyriser26's Avatar
    Images

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    namely the ALDHA COMPANION. a few prominent members get to the editors and you're out! Uncle Johnny's Hostel comes to mind.
    While I've only met Wingfoot once, on his "golden anniversary" hike in the smokies, I would have to say he seems to be two people. On one hand he is the Left wing, Bush bashing, intollerant, political, nutjob, that can't seem to see that the trail and politics are generally two different subjects. As thin skinned as he is, he is willing to place services like Uncle Johnny's in his guide when the ALDHA Companion won't. He didn't seem to take sides on the trail, only pollitics. The thing that does bother me about him is that he always seemed to bash people as cold hearted capitalists. Seeing him sell everything he ever touched on his website strikes me as capitalism with a capital C. I would say he is God, but I think he would say he is better than that.
    There are so many miles and so many mountains between here and there that it is hardly worth thinking about

Quote Originally Posted by earlyriser26 View Post
    The thing that does bother me about him is that he always seemed to bash people as cold hearted capitalists. Seeing him sell everything he ever touched on his website strikes me as capitalism with a capital C.
    There aren't really many external or social costs to him selling all that junk which is what I bet he fussed about when he bashed capitalists. It's a rather benign form of capitalism. I was impressed that people bought the stuff at those prices. Nobody bought the hat, I'm glad, he should keep that.

I bought the hat.

It will be at Trail Days in a secure area; one of the bearded lady booths from the fair, you can't see her, but you hear the hawker annoucing her presence. My Aunt Teresa retired, so she's letting me use her booth.

One dollar to see it.

Two dollars fifty cent to smell it and get a picture of you smelling it.

Five dollars you can wear it for a brief moment and get your picture taken.

Ten dollars and you can do the nasty while wearing it, but you got be quick and no munky stuff on it or there will be a $10 cleaning fee.
    Last edited by EWS; 10-19-2007 at 01:10.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30
++ New Posts ++