Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-11-2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,230
    Images
    1

    Default Enlyten Sportstrips

    Electrolytes on a strip?

    If these things work, it might be worth it to carry a pack in case you get dehydrated.

    Electrolytes

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    Electrolytes on a strip?

    If these things work, it might be worth it to carry a pack in case you get dehydrated.

    Electrolytes
    Dehydration requires rehydration, requires drinking liquid, right? Putting more salts (electrolytes) into a dehydrated body might just make that person even more dehydrated. No?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    Dehydration requires rehydration, requires drinking liquid, right? Putting more salts (electrolytes) into a dehydrated body might just make that person even more dehydrated. No?
    Having said that, these things would be good in summer when you are sweating out lots of salt and need to replace it.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-25-2004
    Location
    Somewhere upstate NY
    Age
    60
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    Having said that, these things would be good in summer when you are sweating out lots of salt and need to replace it.
    ... assuming you still rehydrate as well.
    I would much rather be anywhere on a trail right now
    than just sitting in front of some computer reading about it.

++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •