WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hikerhostel.com

GAME 2000
    Images

They are back, the were part of a trio of different backpackers giving a presentation on the Colorado Trail a week or so ago at the Perimeter REI in Atlanta.

Default for Josh and Leigh

Josh and Leigh

Are you sure you want us funky hikers in your house? I'm still hiking south through TN, near GSMNP but will definitely put you on my list to visit. Looks like your place will merit the "best seen to date" award!

Sky Rider
    (walessp)

Default 2007

Am working on thru hike attempt again in 2007 (Not 2006) and will definitely stay at Hiker Hostel again. Very nice place and very cozy!

Flash Hand

we're at the hiker hostel right now and it's a very nice place! great people too! definately recommend this place

tideblazer
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tville_hiker
    we're at the hiker hostel right now and it's a very nice place! great people too! definately recommend this place
    I recommend it also. Josh and Leigh are two truly wonderful and inspiring people.

It is a great place to launch a thru-hike!
    www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

As everyone should know the season is in full swing. We have already put about 200 on the trail. Lots of people say they see people on WB recomend us and we want to say thanks.
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

No thanks needed when you offer the great services you and Leigh do. BTW I should be down there either fri or sat this week to start. I have trouble believing you havent increased your rates from last year. Are those posted at your web site still good? If they are that is still the best deal a guy can get.

I enjoyed a stay at the Hiker Hostel the evening of April 13. The owners and staff are great! We all felt very welcome. Everything was clean and convenient and the cost was very reasonable at $15 for a bunk with linens included, a hot shower, and a good breakfast of eggs, pancakes, and grits. The house is beautiful, and a lot of thought has went into making it hiker friendly, including a refrigerator and washer/dryer we could use, reading materials to browse, Maggie the friendly dog to pet, and a shuttle into town for dining. (In addition to the free shuttle back and forth to Woody Gap.) We even had entertainment/education (watching Paul "shake-down" a thru-hiker pack - a great learning experience).
    I very highly recommend staying here.

Images

My daughter Roo and I came upon Woody Gap the other week in a heavy thunderstorm. When all looked hopeless we got in touch with Josh from the Hiker Hostel who came right away to pick us up. I knew my wife would be a bit squeamish when I said the word "hostel", and quite frankly I was a bit as well. But, we were wet, tired and needed real food and a bath.

The "hostel" reminded me more of a vacation home being log with hardwood floors. The accommodations were great, and everything was totally clean and presentable. I am in the Army and have stayed in many, many nasty places...

Leigh was out of town, but Josh and Scott made us feel right at home from the start. Maggie the dog was great therapy as well, and the shower and laundry were spectacular!

I do not normally endorse businesses, but have to in this case. With Josh, Leigh and Scott being thru-hikers, they know what a person needs when coming off the trail. I would encourage anyone who needs a night off the trail in the area to give them a call!

How far is this hostel from Springer?
    ad astra per aspera

Josh and Leigh,

Frosty and I enjoyed our two nights at your hostel. Very nice accomodations and hospitality.

Thanks again,
    Tinker
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    I believe it's just a short skip from the approach trail head. Somewhere near Dahlonega (sp).

Images

19.9 miles from Springer. As I said previously, Roo and I enjoyed our short time there. I highly recommend it as a nice place to stay with young ones or other family. Don't let the word "hostel" fool you, it is a home.

Thanks BOwens, I emailed them, what nice folks! And the website was great for photos, will have to make this a stop next time i am down this way.

ad astra per aspera

Images

Thanks BOwens, I emailed them, what nice folks! And the website was great for photos, will have to make this a stop next time i am down this way.

Glad to be of service. We only got to meet Josh and Scott while there, as Leigh was out of town leading a hike. I also sent a trail friend named Tea Dog there, and upon seeing him again a day or so later he was beaming and well fed...

Images

Not to hijack the thread, but why Profile and Almanac? I've always been curious.

And Yes, if this is your first experience witha Hostel, be prepared to be spoiled! It is more of a home than hostel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dough View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but why Profile and Almanac? I've always been curious..
    I'm sure if you ask them, they will tell you the story about their trail names from their thru-hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dough View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but why Profile and Almanac? I've always been curious.
    Leigh (Almanac) has a way with details. I forget why Josh is called Profile, but it may have to do with his desire to look at the profile on the maps. I met them in Massachusetts, long after they had their trail names. Summited Special K with them too. Great folks!
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

I just want to say that I stayed at the Hiker Hostel my third night on the trail during my thruhike last spring and it was by far the cleanest, friendliest, most accomodating hostel I have stayed in yet...I was spoiled for any other hostel stays the rest of my hike...thanks so much guys for providing this service!

And bunks are $15!
    What a deal, this is a good model for other future hostel owners/builders to take a look at
    ad astra per aspera

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++