WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Hanover, NH

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Default Hanover, NH

I am considering going to Hanover, NH sometime in the next few weeks, if I can get out there, to visit Dartmouth College. I was wondering if there were any hostels open year round in Hanover, if so, how much would it cost me to stay there.

Thanks,
    Kirby

No more than 30$.

Kirby, send a private message to Jack Tarlin in case he doesn't see this thread, he lives there and has the most up-to-date info.

The ALDHA guide lists a hostel in Canaan NH, 16 miles to the east. ("A.T. Hilton", 603 252 8295, [email protected]). But no hostel listing for Hanover itself. And the hostel in Canaan seems to have a short season --
    6/15 to 8/15.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbyinanutshell232 View Post
    I am considering going to Hanover, NH sometime in the next few weeks, if I can get out there, to visit Dartmouth College. I was wondering if there were any hostels open year round in Hanover, if so, how much would it cost me to stay there.

Thanks,
    Kirby
    ain't no hostels in hanover

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    ain't no hostels in hanover
    Someone should open one, perhaps Dartmouth College as a service to the community.

Kirby

Someone should open one, perhaps Dartmouth College as a service to the community.

Kirby
    some college frats used to let hikers stay but hikers ****ed it up. dartmouth is obligated to it's students. hikers can fend for themselves.

Don't know how big of rush you're in, but a lot of schools have an open house weekend and they'll put you up in the dorms for free.

Kirby
    Used to be able to stay at a church in town until the hikers screwed that up too.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    some college frats used to let hikers stay but hikers ****ed it up. dartmouth is obligated to it's students. hikers can fend for themselves.
    shame too, the frats were a great set-up.

i was the last hiker to stay @ panarchy. (some a$$hole hiker fought a member the night before i got to hanover.)
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

We stayed at Tiggers Treehouse on our hike - not sure though if they would put you up off season. Might give them a call. Nice people.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Phi Tau is the only fraternity that allowed hikers in when i stayed there a few months ago. it's within walking distance of the trail.

Since classes have started up, no Dartmouth frat or residence hall is presently taking in hikers.

Kirby: Let me know your plans. As there are still folks living in my place for a bit and I'm staying at my friends' place next door, acccomodations are a bit spartan at present, tho I'm sure we can find a place for you. If you're travelling with your family, I suggest you check out the Sunset Motel just across the town line in Lebanon (603) 643-2550 or the Chieftain Motel in Hanover at (603) 298-8721. Both are convenient to town, similarly priced, and very friendly. But if I can help you with anything before or after you get here, let me know.

If you're coming up to visit the college, Kirby, your best bet is to contact the Admissions Office at (603) 648-2875; they have a program for hosting visiting prospective students and will help you out; more information is available at their website, just Google "Dartmouith Admissions Office."

++ New Posts ++