WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana Hiking Partner or group, southeast NYS Area

Looking for a group or other individuals to do day hikes near or on the AT in NJ, NY, Conn, and Mass. Other trails like the Wallkill Valley Trail can be done.

I would like to start up hiking (walking) again.

BT

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by bt02 View Post
    Looking for a group or other individuals to do day hikes near or on the AT in NJ, NY, Conn, and Mass. Other trails like the Wallkill Valley Trail can be done.

I would like to start up hiking (walking) again.

BT
    Consider joining the AMC. The NY-NJ Chapter is very active with many hikes every week.
    Frosty

Images

we have a trip comming in Jan. Check it under hook-ups forum.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    we have a trip comming in Jan. Check it under hook-ups forum.
    I'm more than ready for this one. Aldo's got some new boots and Bunny got me a $100.- gift certificate for REI. Awsome I also swapped my Osprey Aether70 for a lighter and better fitting Atmos 65. Time to claw up some rocks!
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Consider joining the AMC. The NY-NJ Chapter is very active with many hikes every week.
    I would suggest looking into the NY NJ Trail conference. they are the group that maintains trail in this area and holds a number of group hikes and classes etc. They are the affiliate for the AT in the state.

You can also put info out for hooking up I know of a guy who was looking for some people to hike with he is down in NYC and I am up on the NY/CT border so I am out and about as well. I will be part of the Jan. Parade O' Fools

Wet Snow in Stone Ridge. This is where I posted with the AMC or a hiking partner or group http://appalachia.outdoors.org/bbs/c...es.cfm?catid=3 . So far no one has responded. I do have the NYNorth Jersy chapter outing schudel.

Images

I would be interested. I do live a little ways away, but I gotta drive pretty far to get to any mountain trails. By the way, was the picture you have posted in your profile taken in the gunks? Looks very similar to a place I've been before.

Yes that was taken in the gunksm about two years ago.

Right now I am doing easy to moderate snowshoes. Had a nknee injury thtat has cramped my hiking and backpacking. Have problems going down hill. At leat for this year there is no skiing of any kind.

Here is another link to a bullent board. http://www.hotboards.com/plus/plus.mirage?who=nynjtc

Images

Thanks for the link.... Preciate' it.

++ New Posts ++