WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images

Default In Franklin you're still welcome

Many hikers are passing Franklin and needing supplies,outfitter,lodging,a good restaurant meal and other things because of the summer price increase of things such as shuttles,lodging and tourist season here in the south.

Here is one thing to keep in mind."I am hiker friendly all year around".If you need something,call me.Ron (828)524-4403 at Haven's Budget Inn.

Even though most lodging rooms are varying at $59 to $99 including mine.If you are a hiker my rate is the same year around for hikers $35 and $5 ea for ea additional as spring timetime rates.Whiteblazers who know me will tell you. I'am here for you.

I am having a lot of late year hikers who are expecting a price gouge.It don't happen here.To new comers "please don't think this is an ad to rent rooms.It is a personal notice to save hikers some money and help with lodging or a shuttle.
    to Franklin year around

Images

Thanks for what you do Ron.
    nous défions

It's gonna be ok.

Ditch Medicine: wash your hands and keep your booger-pickers off your face!

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

You're the best!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Thanks for letting me know, Ron. I may have to come over there to do some fall hiking and it's nice to know I will have a room with a view(point similar to my own)

Thanks for the information. I'll keep that in mind when I get your way.

TWS

Thanks for all you do Ron!

Images

Default Thanks RONNIE!

RON,
    You're a true friend of ALL HIKERS!
    THANK YOU!
    I'm heading to Maine in a few weeks (as soon as the NEW GRANDBABY ARRIVES ) But I'm sure I'll see ya again in the spring ! Your HIKER BASH ROCKS!

Fishinfred

PS
    Here's some of the pics I took this year.
    ENJOY and thanks again RON!
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Journal Entries
    Images

Right on Ron, I will be sure to let any southbounders I run into know about you and give them your number. I love you Ron.......

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    Right on Ron, I will be sure to let any southbounders I run into know about you and give them your number. I love you Ron.......
    Same here - may your hiker business (and all your business) flourish!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    Same here - may your hiker business (and all your business) flourish!
    Friends,Thanks for all the kindness of all of you too.I have been having 2 to 10 hikers coming in daily.The reason for this post have run into a few on the trail who wanted to come into town but they said they were on a budget.I told them We understand.Fishin Fred I know you are happy.All of you have a great summer,and all of you thru hikers.Hang in there and good luck.Send us a photo from the mountain top.

Though, keep in mind that this is festival season and even Ron may have trouble finding room in the inn as times. He is a terrific guy, but don't abuse him when market conditions make the No Vacancy sign ubiquitous around Western Carolina.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by orangebug View Post
    Though, keep in mind that this is festival season and even Ron may have trouble finding room in the inn as times. He is a terrific guy, but don't abuse him when market conditions make the No Vacancy sign ubiquitous around Western Carolina.
    Orange Bug I might get some extra time in August for hiking if you are free.Speaking of festivals as I have mentioned to many of the thru hikers about Franklin being quoted as "the Gem Capitol of the World"The big world class gem show is going to be http://www.glwshows.com/show_details.cfm?no=928
    July 25th through the 29th.If you are a rock hound or a stone natural enthusiest this could be a life time dream show.

Now I am really booked up for this show for the next several years as far as the motels are concerned but there are rooms available 75 miles away.

If I could be of assistance,click on this link or e-mail me. Thanks,Ron

Thanks Ron for all you do.

Ron came to our rescue during a thunderstorm a few weeks ago. Cold, wet, covered in mud! Came all the way to Wallace Gap and picked us up. Spent the night at his hotel and he stopped by the grocery store on the way back to the trail next day.
    He's my hero!!!!

Images

Hey Ron, did you meet a guy named Daniel the other week. I told him to call you when he got to Deep Gap. He was an interesting guy to say the least. He had had 2 knee replacements (so he said) and he didn't realize there would be long uphill walks on the AT AND he was a little concerned about slipping on the rocks and he didn't hike in the rain. Kind of an all-around AT victim.
    A shout out to Crutch and the gang.

Ron gave a bunch of SoRuck hikers a ride to the trailhead last January. He is a true friend of the hiking community. Thanks for all you do Ron.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Hey Ron, did you meet a guy named Daniel the other week. I told him to call you when he got to Deep Gap. He was an interesting guy to say the least. He had had 2 knee replacements (so he said) and he didn't realize there would be long uphill walks on the AT AND he was a little concerned about slipping on the rocks and he didn't hike in the rain. Kind of an all-around AT victim.
    A shout out to Crutch and the gang.
    Blazer he did stay for 2 days.Creek Dancer and Altared I enjoy working with the hiker world.Our goal is to treat each and every hiker as family.

Ron, I stayed there June 15th, 2007 http://flyingfishmanky.com/id26.html along with Kurt, Claire and Nevenah (with her dog June). We had a wonderful time in Franklin and I highly reccomend anyone staying there to give Ron a call. He is a true friend of the hiker. Franklin is also a great resupply point on the AT and not to mention a laundromat and an AYCE buffet are right behind Ron's place.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingfishman View Post
    Ron, I stayed there June 15th, 2007 http://flyingfishmanky.com/id26.html along with Kurt, Claire and Nevenah (with her dog June). We had a wonderful time in Franklin and I highly reccomend anyone staying there to give Ron a call. He is a true friend of the hiker. Franklin is also a great resupply point on the AT and not to mention a laundromat and an AYCE buffet are right behind Ron's place.
    I'll be back to Franklin soon but now I am laying back in Los Angeles,Cal.All have fun,Ron

Ron, thank you for all you do! Myself and Big Dipper(Ben) met you and you were kind enough to give us a lift to Neels for a send off. It's nice to have good people around such as yourself.

Hey Ron, yer not messn with any lettuce in Cali are ya?...lol Your retired from that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++