WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Here's an Idea. Instead of a new car with a high loan that you'll need to pay, try getting a (cheapo) used car, just make sure someone looks it over so you don't find out you have to fix a lot of stuff. use that to get around till march/april?? then after you get back from your trip look for a new car.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

thank goodness for ole 500 dollar pick up trucks

you don't need to insure them, when they quit running you jist buy another,

I'm always on the look out for a old pick up to buy ,,,gotta have an extra one waiting.

left my last old pick up truck at the dump where it quit running, lucklily my spare pickup cranked when I got home.

had the old truck for over three years ..never even changed the oil in it.
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtnsteve View Post

had the old truck for over three years ..never even changed the oil in it.

maybe thats why the trucks keep dying.

Images

Glad your okay, hope to see you on the trail!

formerly amazonwoman

Quote Originally Posted by lizincali View Post
    Here's an Idea. Instead of a new car with a high loan that you'll need to pay, try getting a (cheapo) used car, just make sure someone looks it over so you don't find out you have to fix a lot of stuff. use that to get around till march/april?? then after you get back from your trip look for a new car.
    That is basically what I did. I got another car like my old one, just 2 years newer for a really good price and a low payment. I know I probably won't be able to pay it off before I leave but maybe have my support person mail my payments for my while I'm gone.

Steve, I know where you are coming from on the old trucks. Because my dad could work on cars I always drove something about 2 days from the junkyard! My first car was a primer orange old Chevy Nova. Before it would crank you had to pop the hood, take out the air filter and bang on this bolt with a wrench. That was fun to do in the high school parking lot...... The redeeming thing was that the V8 in it would outrun anything else in the parking lot.

Thanks everyone again for the encouragement.
    Dancer (Julie)
    "What saves a man (woman) is to take a step. Then another step." ---Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by lizincali View Post
    maybe thats why the trucks keep dying.
    or maybe it was because it had in excess of 230,000 miles of alaskan winter and Yukon territory travel on it?
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++