WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hey Mags....thanks for this work! I just found it and starting to learn from ground zero. Thinking this is the trail for me this year, if I can figure a way to car hop it all the way (park.....hike; turn around; hike back to car...sleep, wake and drive to next section).

But you're first post in this thread says your end-to-end guide was updated in May, 2011...which threw this newbie, but I went to your site anyway, and find that your last update was March, 2013! Might want to change the first post here to that, as it makes it sooo much more appealing! (I know you post updates later in this thread, but still, some of us lazy ppl just check the first thread!)

Thanks again...your site may just be the ticket I need to a tickless (according to the CDC, Colorado has zero incidence of Lyme!), norovirus-free (I hope) hike!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusinsusan View Post
    Thanks again...your site may just be the ticket I need to a tickless (according to the CDC, Colorado has zero incidence of Lyme!), norovirus-free (I hope) hike!
    No Lyme disease doesn't mean there are no ticks.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Yep. No Lyme. Just Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. This I know.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Just updated my little doc. Updated for July 2013. Uses CT Data book 5th edition data, new resupply info and Collegiate West alt route resupply info. Still yours to use for the princely sum of FREE. Thanks to the CTF for a great new databook AND a rocking trail.

http://www.pmags.com/colorado-trail-end-to-end-guide-2
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Journal Entries

So I'm a little confused about the mt Princeton hot springs info, data book says it's 15 miles of trail of collegiate west, the general store at the hot springs says they are 3.5 miles from trail and the information in the end to end says it's right on trail, can anyone clear this info up for me, thanks!

It's right on the trail (eastern route)

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

You can't miss it. Right on the CT Collegiate East road walk. Grab a snack (or meal), admire the chalk cliffs and three miles or so later, the road walk is done.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Paul...been reading your guide info for the CT...great job...many thanks.

I was having no luck contacting Raven's Rest in Lake City, he did not answer either the hostel phone or the cell number, but I did find helpful people at the Matterhorn Motel :
    www.matterhornmotel.com/

She said they take UPS mail drops for hikers. The rate for a 2-queen room is $109.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++