WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Just come hang out here.....shott it's November, and I've had hikers here for the past couple weeks!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post

Wolf, what was the reason given for wanting you off the list? No biz license? or did they cop to "just for spite"
    i think it's the business license thing. i don't run a business though

CaseyB, at first the complaint was "he has no business license." Then when it was explained that Wolf doesn't run a business it became "he didn't pay to be on that page."

If you look at the page in question, http://www.damascus.org/athikers.html, you can see I've tried to list all of the amenities in town a hiker might be seeking. No one has paid to be on this page.

This, imho, is obviously an attempt to get at L. Wolf in some manner. The triviality of this (imho) possibly reflects the originator. Many people in town are getting a good laugh about this. Yes, we're a small town and things get pretty dull around here sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    The great majority of actual hikers I meet on the trail have never even heard of WhiteBlaze.
    or have heard of www.damascus.org either

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post

but i think its darn petty to get on here with this crap..........
    then why are you here adding your 2 cents? so you agree with MRO and their employees. good for you

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    how about VICE mayor. i'll be in charge of all vice. gambling, prostitution, untaxed liquor, etc.
    You got my business. You could call your shuttle business "Shuttle Plus"

Quote Originally Posted by imobileman View Post
    Lone Wolf did not do anything other than INFORM WB members what Wally's wife did.
    wally doesn't have a wife. at least here in town. another employee's/owner's wife started this BS
    Last edited by Frolicking Dinosaurs; 11-09-2007 at 10:47. Reason: Fixed format error

Journal Entries
    Images

then why are you here adding your 2 cents? so you agree with MRO and their employees. good for you
    I think I made myself very clear on the subjuect concerning Wally in the thread that was closed down. I do not agree with Jeffs decision to keep Wally on, but at the same time I am not going to slam him for it. As far as someone calling to get you off the site as a service provider to the hiking community is concerned, I don't agree with that either.

What upsets me with this thread is that you got on here and reopened the can of worms.

I'm going to tell you something right now Wolf, Jeff Patrick is the one who is getting the short end of this whole thing. Another thing Jeff has held you in high regard for some time and then you get on here and post this.

Go take it up with the one who is out to get you off of the site.

I'm going to tell you something right now Wolf, Jeff Patrick is the one who is getting the short end of this whole thing. Another thing Jeff has held you in high regard for some time and then you get on here and post this.
    wrong son. jeff has/had the power to fix this whole mess. obviously i'm not held in very high regard. wally is the one held in high regard obviously
    Last edited by Lone Wolf; 11-09-2007 at 09:09.

Journal Entries
    Images

wrong son. jeff has/had the power to fix this whole mess. obviously i'm not held in very high regard
    Come on Wolf, your not held in high regard because he did not do what you think he, or me, or countless others thought he should have done? Since when does all your friends see it your way all the time?

What kind of friendship is it if I am going to always agree with my friends? Just because I may disagree with Jeff, or with you, does that mean I get on here and slam you or your business publicly? Wouldn't it be best to come to you one on one, or just drop the matter and when the time is right and the problem is ready to be fixed, then jump in there and fix it?

I get on here and slam you or your business publicly?
    i haven't "slammed" jeff or his business. until certain employees are no longer there i won't be doing business with them. others can do what they want. you don't have a dog in this hunt. stay out of it

Images

To Wonder, Wolf, Wanderer, & Local:

Is it ever weird posting on here concerning people or to people you're likely to run into on the street? The thought just occurred to me that it's easy for folks like me and others who are separated geographically to post whatever we want, but do you feel some sense of self-censorship when you post about folks in your own town? Do you hold back or is it all in good fun?

Just curious.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post

Is it ever weird posting on here concerning people or to people you're likely to run into on the street? The thought just occurred to me that it's easy for folks like me and others who are separated geographically to post whatever we want, but do you feel some sense of self-censorship when you post about folks in your own town? Do you hold back or is it all in good fun?

Just curious.
    Weekly cage match, out by the caboose.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post

Just curious.
    i haven't posted anything wrong/false. neither has wonder or local. so i don't hide on the streets or avoid anyone

Lone Wolf did not do anything other than INFORM WB members what Wally's wife did. Jeff Patrick, owner of MRO who is Wallys employer had ample oppourtunity to address the Wally situation on another thread or in a private meeting with Wally. If he did or did not we don't know. Now he certainly needs to inform Wally that neither he or his wife should involve MRO directly or indirectly in any type of controversy. I am sure that backpackers will hear information on MRO, Jeff and Wally on the trail next year. When I reach Damascus next spring, I don't plan on using Jeffs MRO, its hostel or shuttle service. This whole matter has left a bad smell in the air.
    Revise the last word "Wally,s" in the first sentence to read: "What an MRO employees" Revise the entire 5th sentence to read: "needs to inform his employees that neither they or their wifes should involve MRO directly" .
    taking the high roads and the low roads

You folks in damascus will hopefully realize that the ISSUE is what MRO, its employee(s), their wife(s), Jeff the owner, Wally an employee, did or failed to do. nothing else, no one else. Its my decision as an individual hiker (as it is for all hikers) to spend my money where I please, I choose not to spend it at MRO.

Imobileman, why don't you stop yelling. Dixi is very even handed on this forum. Others have received warnings for the same type of behavior. Warren was clearly baiting and she called him on it too.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Creek Dancer: I disagree, I guess thats still my right. "Yelling", you havent seen anything yet girlie.

Calm down. No need to be so sensitive. Maybe you don't realize that using all caps is considered yelling.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Images

Creek Dancer: I disagree, I guess thats still my right. "Yelling", you havent seen anything yet girlie.
    Hey imobile man. You need to calm down now. There is no need for that.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++