WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: N.VA Hikers

I'm worth a million in prizes astrogirl's Avatar
    Images

I was thinking hike with y'all to Devil's Racecourse (I'm assuming a break there), and then hike back out.

That said, if I get up at 6:30 on Saturday and it's cold and drizzling, I probably won't be into it. It doesn't look like that's going to happen though.
    -----------------------------------------------
    obstacles are found everywhere, and in taking them, we nourish ourselves.
    http://astrogirl.com/blog/Backpacking

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl View Post
    I was thinking hike with y'all to Devil's Racecourse (I'm assuming a break there), and then hike back out.

That said, if I get up at 6:30 on Saturday and it's cold and drizzling, I probably won't be into it. It doesn't look like that's going to happen though.
    great, looking forward to Saturday.

Should be sunny until late in the day Saturday then cloud up. You ought to come out.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

I'm doing the day-hike also. If anyone want's to flip-flop we can drive out to Blackburn and hike back for the car. If not, I'll turn around half way and come back to Bear's den. I look forward to meeting everyone. The social aspect of this is just as important as where and how the hike goes down.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Default Sounds like everyone is leaning towards the day hike?

Hey Newb, I’ve decided to do the day hike as well. Should have plenty of time to shuttle the vehicles in the morning? Could save some time to meet at Blackburn, or would everyone rather meet at the Den and then shuttle?

I'm worth a million in prizes astrogirl's Avatar
    Images

Sadly, I will not make it.

My truck that was promised to me today is not done, and I won't have it until Monday.

Sigh.
    -----------------------------------------------
    obstacles are found everywhere, and in taking them, we nourish ourselves.
    http://astrogirl.com/blog/Backpacking

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

I owe everyone an apology. I had a family matter come up at the last moment and had to drive down to Richmond. I really do apologize for saying I'd be somewhere and then not showing up. I hope everything went well.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Stix, Furlough and I showed up and went from Bears Den to Blackburn trail center. It was a pretty day and it was a great hike. Sorry you counldn't make it . Hopefully we can do another hike soon.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Critterman View Post
    Stix, Furlough and I showed up and went from Bears Den to Blackburn trail center. It was a pretty day and it was a great hike. Sorry you counldn't make it . Hopefully we can do another hike soon.
    Critterman and Stix thanks for the great company hope we can get back out there soon.

And if any of the leaders or scouts from the Round Hill Boy Scout Troop are reading this - thank you for the great Corn and Potato Chowder you dished up for us at the Blackburn Trail Center Saturday afternoon.

Furlough
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Default ... and along came Tucker

It was a great day for a hike. Clear blue skies and the vistas were incredible. Even got to meet a one of a kind dog named Tucker. Thanks Critterman and Furlough for the invite. I hope to be able to get in another hike before I leave. Oh and one more thing, If you’ve never seen the Devils Racecourse, I highly recommend checking it out. It will make you wonder.

Stix

Images

Stix and Critterman,
    I posted the Bears Den Overlook Photo under Faces of Whiteblaze.

Furlough
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Sorry I was unable to join you all - sounds like it was a great time! I ended up in Deleware Water Gap (PA Side) for a chilly but lovely hike.... I posted a couple of pics! Hopefully we can get the N. VA gang together again in the upcoming weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Critterman View Post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++