WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: N.VA Hikers

Default N.VA Hikers

I'd like to get an idea of who some of the other W/B members are that are from N. VA, for networking - for hikes, transportation etc. Also, if PACT member I'd like to know that as well. If there is a way to search W/B members by location coud someone please let me know how. TY

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

I'm a NOVA hiker and PACT member. Beware the angry bunny south of Manassas Gap. Just because you can, do NOT hunt the deer in SNP with a hammer.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Default Nova/patc

I'm in Northern VA - Woodbridge
    I think my PATC membership has lapsed but I'm planning to renew!

thanks for your respose, I've added you both to my bud list.

the pact has revamped there site..pretty user friendly! here is the link to the calendar showing all the upcoming group hikes..

Default http://potomacappalachian.org/index.php?option=com_jcalpro&Itemid=151

Quote Originally Posted by AT_Disciple View Post
    the pact has revamped there site..pretty user friendly! here is the link to the calendar showing all the upcoming group hikes..
    http://potomacappalachian.org/index....pro&Itemid=151

Im in Roanoke...so S.W. Virginia....lol.

Default More Hiking Clubs in NOVA

I haven't found many hikes with PATC that appeal to me - most are either too long or too short, also many are on weekdays when I'm at work....I have found 2 great hiking clubs though....I like the Center Club the best, haven't done much with Northern VA....both clubs have a variety of hikes each weekend and post a variety of hikes throughout the year - slow, fast, long, short, in-town, out in SNP or GWNF, both offer carpool options but you can meet at the trailhead if you want...

Center Hiking Club - We have several hikes going every weekend !

Northern Virginia Hiking Club

Images

I am also in Northern Va, Dale City or as some would say Woodbridge. I am a member of PATC. I have not linked up with any of their hikes or with the clubs mentioned by TeacherGal. I do alot of my hikes (usually weekends and long weekends) using the AT as part of a loop when possible. But there are other good trail sytems besides the AT easily accessible to us NOVAITES. Most of which are generally maintained by PATC as well.

Furlough
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Default Nova

I'm from the fairfax area and am also looking for others to meetup and do some hiking with.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Well, hell folks. Let's do a HIKE! How about a flip flop from bears den south or north?
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

I'm up for that Newb! Whats everybodys schedules look like.

is SNP doable for everyone? what do estimat the milage to be on the hike you have in mind, newb?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Newb View Post
    Well, hell folks. Let's do a HIKE! How about a flip flop from bears den south or north?
    Quote Originally Posted by AT_Disciple View Post
    is SNP doable for everyone? what do estimat the milage to be on the hike you have in mind, newb?
    Sounds good to me. I can't get out until the 1st weekend in Dec though. My daughter is coming home from College for the Thanksgiving Break and as I was in Iraq for turkey day last year I really want to be with the family this year.

Are y'all looking to do a day hike, overnight or what? If interested maybe we could map out a some one way section hikes and stage cars at the start and end points. SNP would work great for this.

Furlough
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Hey there! I am in Richmond. I would be interested in a group hike to either place mentioned.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

remember ATdisciple, "its not who you hike with, its who decides where to hike"

will be monitoring and maybe go as well....

juma

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

Default SNP and other links

Here is a link to a page with a bunch of other links that would be helpful to anyone planning to hike in SNP, GWNF, etc.:

http://www.mvshuttle.com/links.html

I am free the weekend of nov. 30-dec. 2 as well as the following weekend. I would prefer to do an overnighter rather than a daytrip but am open to whatever.

Default mmm hmm! <grin>

Quote Originally Posted by juma View Post
    remember ATdisciple, "its not who you hike with, its who decides where to hike"

will be monitoring and maybe go as well....

juma
    my calves are still reminding me of that fact - hope ya can get in on this one Juma!

ok, so it looks like cjo06687,furlough,and creek dancer, are good for the w/e of the 11.30-12.2, im pretty sure im in too. i pm'd teach n newb so they can chime in.. hopefully we can roundtable, get a head count, and come up with a trip-plan soon as we'll have to get a backcountry permit lined up.. another thought is: to set up a base camp and then divide into groups according to terrain & milage preference and do day excursions....just a thought!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++