WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Photos

Looks like Aldo and Hudson are ahead of Dingo in the gear department, my boy's boots are outdated.

We are asleep with compasses in our hands.

Images

That first photo is too funny! Dingo looks good!

This is Rip at 5 months heading up to the AT from Sky Meadows, Delaplane, VA.

First pic was to show off his pack which he's very proud of.

Second pic is us working on down-stay with a distraction further up the trail.

Third one, he plopped his little butt down on the log next to me at lunch and I couldn't resist the photo op.

No weight in the pack, at that point it was just bulk (empty soda bottles or tennis balls or plastic bags, etc.) so he'd get used to it at an early age.

Default Starlyte's pom

Starlyte, I was amazed at how your little pom looks, cut medium short! Its very striking. We have a black pom, too, a game little girl if ever thaere was one. I might trim her down like that next year. She looks like a micro-newfie right now. Or maybe more a micro-malamute. Loves the trail and the colder the better. Hope to meet you sometime, Marcia
    "Live, Agnes, LIVE!"

Journal Entries
    Images

Rouen: Your dog is cute. Thru hiker dog/ -SunnyWalker
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Images

Default The Dogs have had it ... they stole the truck.

Team Wrongway's pooch Hudson is behind the wheel, riding shotgun is Team Doggiebag's Aldo giving directions. They were last seen driving South to Maryland. Leaving us at the Long John Silvers in some rest stop in PA.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

::: Dino seen giggling at doggiebag's photo :::

Images

I'd like to post a picture of my hiking buddy, but am having trouble posting it. I tried your suggestion doggiebag, but when I try to paste, that button is not avaliable for use. Any other suggestions,anyone

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird62 View Post
    I'd like to post a picture of my hiking buddy, but am having trouble posting it. I tried your suggestion doggiebag, but when I try to paste, that button is not avaliable for use. Any other suggestions,anyone
    Prior to doing the paste did you ensure you did a right click and copy of the pic?
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

I thought so, tried it several times. I'm slightly computer illiterate, but I guess practice makes perfect.

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

Default Fabian, 5,000 miles+

He only has two speeds... Couch and Hike. His Mom was adopted by some kids on a hike. She hiked for a month with them before they decided to take her to the vet for "worms". Six worms that were born behind my couch!

He started hiking when he was about 10 months old and has hiked the sections of the AT around Erwin more than any hiker I know... and he loves every section as much the 100th time as he did the first. He hikes with people he only met hours before and he takes his job very seriously! He has never lost a hiker yet! But I took him to Big South Fork on a hike and he got really upset and had a hard time keeping the trail... NO WHITE BLAZES!!

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Janet View Post
    He only has two speeds... Couch and Hike. His Mom was adopted by some kids on a hike. She hiked for a month with them before they decided to take her to the vet for "worms". Six worms that were born behind my couch!
    And then there was the rumor he had worms of his own

Images

Default Brookie, The Hiking Beagle

Images

Good shot Jaybird! Cute pooch.

Images

Default Taking in the view of the Lehigh River

Images

Thanks doggiebag. Maybe her and Aldo will get a chance to do some hiking together one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebag View Post
    Team Wrongway's pooch Hudson is behind the wheel, riding shotgun is Team Doggiebag's Aldo giving directions. They were last seen driving South to Maryland. Leaving us at the Long John Silvers in some rest stop in PA.
    You know what? They look alert, no cell phones, no burgers, no scalding coffee, no shaving apparatus, no hair brushes, no kids to swat. Heck, they look good to go to me! Safer than half the drivers on the road.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird62 View Post
    I thought so, tried it several times. I'm slightly computer illiterate, but I guess practice makes perfect.
    Thanks for the info.
    Maple

Journal Entries
    Images

Jaybird: what a photo, what photos! Thanks for posting them on this thread. They really add. Ms. Janet and Doggiebag-superduper. Thanks. Doggiebag, the dogs are just driving into a trailhead, right!?? Jaybird, I think that is our first Beagle. Where are the famous Jack Russell Terriers?!?? (Probably all on the run, owners let them loose and they ARE loose!?????) :-) -SunnyWalker
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Images

I don't know if this will work because I've not tried this before and I tend to be somewhat computer illiterate, but I'll try to upload a picture of "my most excellent lead dog" Rascal, on his last hike from Eckville to the Allentown shelter in Pa. He sometimes had "attitude problems" with other males, but he loved to hike (and to pull).

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++