WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Grace Solo Tarp

Default Grace Solo Tarp

I FINALLY had the chance to put up my Grace Solo Tarp from Mountain Laurel Designs! It is fantastic! Its my first tarp and I plan to use it for my 08 Thru-hike.
    I put it up in my Mother's front yard over the weekend. It is Very well built! This is not a review of the tarp as I have not gone hiking with it. I'm just bragging about it!!!!!!!

I have a couple of pics of it up on my website if you are interested.
    Because the Journey is not just a begining and an end...

My Thru Hike

Cool! Is it silnylon or spinnaker? I've always wondered how well MLD builds their caternary-ridgeline tarps and if it would be easy to get one of their spinnaker ones taught enough to eliminate flapping.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Very nice. I can totally see you and the Mojave on the trail. When do you plan to start?

Frolicking Dino,
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! Me and the fam start mid march next year! We may push it to april 1st but doubt it.

Dirtygaiters,
    I have been through this thing from stem to stern. It is VERY well made. I broke the bank and went with the spinnaker cloth as silnylon stretches when wet. As to the taughtness. I staked it at all six points. the wind wasn't tremendous. But it was present at times. I played with it for about twenty minutes. I got most of the flex out of the tarp. I think that when the tarp finally completely relaxes the flex will be near zero. We'll see!
    Because the Journey is not just a begining and an end...

My Thru Hike

++ New Posts ++