WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I did NOT sleep in a privy!!!

Post The 'Sir Privywinks' site!

Unwashed ladies and ill-shaven gentlemen,

I am pleased to announce the grand opening of the Sir Privywinks photo dump! This site represents a profound, monumental, and breathtaking achievement the likes of which easily eclipses the fact that I threw the whole thing together in my basement over a lazy weekend.

My new website, located at the cherry address of web.mac.com/setzer529 , contains every one of the over 2000 pictures I took while hiking the trail this year. Gasp at the horror of the time Golden Child stepped on a tent stake barefoot at Trail Days! Marvel at the dead moose carcass hidden 'somewhere' in Maine! And be awestruck by the spectacle of the privy in Woody Gap, GA which I most definitely did NOT sleep in!

All your favorite characters are here, including Bigby, Big Shanty, Grizzle, Trailbait, Thumper, Golden Child, Golden Child's brother, Chach, Robo, Big Ol' Boy, Badger, Ronin, Ox, Circadian, Tortuga, Iceman (the original since whenever), Buttercup, The Michigan Wolverine, Smokestack, August, Usual Suspect, Church Mouse, Bytecode, Persistent, Alpine Strider, Binjali, Tater, Stitches, Candy Bar, Sudoku, Coldilocks, Fuzzy Monkey, C-Shot, that one guy who was already passed out at Traildays before 5 o'clock on Thursday, Keymaster, Almost Lucky, Dingo, GQ, Lightweight, Sideshow, Blackfoot, Melk, Luna, Leatherneck, Nobody, G, Kokopelli, Worldwide, Moosehead, Cul-de-sac, No Pain, Jake, Skip, and a whole bunch of other people I realize I'm no more inclined to write down than you probably are to read them.

So please, do stop on by! If you have any feedback, ideas, pretty pictures of your own, or just want to keep in touch please PM me or drop me a line at [email protected]. Thanks!

~Sir Privywinks

Journal Entries
    Images

I like the shot of the Fox sniffing around your pack in Maine.

From the angle of the shots it looks like he chased you up a tree.

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

That was a cold, windy, and rainy night ................ that you got your name. I remember it well, how are you?
    Tortuga here, I gave you an extra spoon I had and last saw you in Damascus. Good pic's

I still have that spoon. It has maneuvered many a delicious thing into my mouth, thank you.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Awesome photos!

Man..I wish I was on the AT this year after seeing all those photos!
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Hardly, if we even took one step towards him he'd take off like a shot into the woods. It was only through our patience, and Luna's incessant cooing at him as if he were one of her (many) cats, that he got as close as he did.

Then he tried to steal one of my bags. Little punk.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I like the shot of the Fox sniffing around your pack in Maine.

From the angle of the shots it looks like he chased you up a tree.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I didn't get to meet you but several names on your list I recognize. Met many of them on the last leg of the hike in Maine.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

Remember the Missouri Girl section hikers you met in North Carolina? I am one of them and we are in your pics too. You really liked the blonde one in our group...the one giving you the kiss...Michelle. I will let the gang know about your site as your pictures are really nice. Congrats on making it all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Remember the Missouri Girl section hikers you met in North Carolina? I am one of them and we are in your pics too. You really liked the blonde one in our group...the one giving you the kiss...Michelle. I will let the gang know about your site as your pictures are really nice. Congrats on making it all the way!
    Oh, but the REAL question is - How does Michelle feel about me?

Oh, and how did that wine turn out? Worth the effort of hauling it up a mountain?

I was able to view all the GA pics before I went to bed last night. Very interesting; def makes me want to hike the AT at the soonest possibility.

I'm looking forward to checking them out over the next few wks or so.

Just wondering if you are going to caption them at all when you have time?
    Trillium

Quote Originally Posted by MurphyGreen View Post
    Just wondering if you are going to caption them at all when you have time?
    At well over 2,000 images that would take a considerable amount of time and effort...

So, to answer your question, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Privywinks View Post
    At well over 2,000 images that would take a considerable amount of time and effort...

So, to answer your question, maybe.
    a journey of 2,174 miles starts with one step. labelling 2k+ pics starts w/ . . .?
    Trillium

Images

Default Oh it was so good to hear from you!

I enjoyed my time in passing / hiking/ and breaking with you my sweet friend. Thanks for the website link. I hope to hear from you again.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Hey Privywinks -

We only had to pay Michelle $10 to actually kiss you and another $5 for the pinch in the butt. What are friends for??

The Iceman
    The heaviest thing I carried was my attitude.
    Montani semper liberi - Mountaineers are always free

Desire is the main ingredient for success

Anyone know if Grizzle put his video footage from trail days on the internet?

-middie

Quote Originally Posted by Dholmblad View Post
    Anyone know if Grizzle put his video footage from trail days on the internet?

-middie
    he has not - i saw it over christmas. it's pretty badass.

Sir Privy, Rockhound here. long time no see. You realize the more you deny sleeping in a privy, the more I'm inclined to believe you did. I use you as an example as to why someone should choose their own trail name prior to hiking rather than have one given to them along the way. although I suppose there could be worse trail names. ie. cumspot

is this the iceman who had his shine on at standing bear? "pain is just weakness leaving the body"

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound View Post
    Sir Privy, Rockhound here. long time no see. You realize the more you deny sleeping in a privy, the more I'm inclined to believe you did.
    The rumors are true.

Quote Originally Posted by mambo_tango View Post
    he has not - i saw it over christmas. it's pretty badass.
    Well if you know him let him know id like to see it sometime.

btw are any of you guys going to traildays this year?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++