WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Pacific Crest Trail DVD Series Bittorent

Howdy all!

I thought I would post the link to the 2006 PCT DVD Series bittorent. They are exact copies of the DVDs- ready for you to burn to disk.

The index for the torrent files is at
    http://thepiratebay.org/user/brickster3072

if you don't know what Bittorent is,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent

To make use of the torrent files to get the DVD images, you need a
    Bittorent client program. Get one free at
    http://www.bittorrent.com/download

About the series:

The Pacific Crest Trail DVD series combines the photos and video contributions of several dozen hikers from each season. Thousands of photos and many hours of video footage have been sorted through and edited down to create these presentations. It is a true labor of love, as well as a great way for long-distance PCT hikers to share their photography with each other.

One of the primary intentions of these DVD’s is that they are as accessible as possible to anyone who may be interested, so further duplication and distribution is encouraged. However, for a variety of reasons, please do not use the material for any commercial oriented purpose. This series is a private-use creation, a gift to the trail community and we have no intention to sell it.

To get the most out of your viewing experience, we suggest trying to replicate a movie theatre environment as much as possible - a dark room with good sound quality, and in one sitting. For best picture quality, wide screen and HDTV’s should be set to a 4:3 aspect ratio. The 2006 DVD has an option for Dolby 5.1 surround sound for those who have it. In any case, adjust the ambience in your home and get ready for a magical journey.

ProDeal

Images

What an accomplishment. Thank you!

I need to look at the ones I do have. 2004 & 2005 I think. I haven't used bit torrent before, maybe I'll give it a go.

What's this mean?

SQL query failed: User tracker already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections.

Wait until later?
    Trying again, I got this..

SQL query failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Images

ProDeal, are you the maker of the original film? And are now offering it as a DVD?
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
    ProDeal, are you the maker of the original film? And are now offering it as a DVD?
    I think he may be. Members of the pct-l were making them for others and paying it forward until someone came up with the idea of making it available by bit torrent. Which reminds me, someone already sent me the new DVD!

Cuffs, If you want a copy I'll make you one. I just have to find it!

Images

Please, yes Sly, I want one!!

Please, yes Sly, I want one!!
    OK, let me find it. I just got it a couple weeks ago, it has to be here some place! I'll PM you when I do for your address.

Images

Save the postage, I can wait til Ruck!

Ha, I found it and started watching it for the 1st time. It's an excellent production with great photos and music.

Cuffs, I'll have to warn you, once you watch it, you'll most likely start making plans for hiking that trail.

Save the postage, I can wait til Ruck!
    Will do...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Ha, I found it and started watching it for the 1st time. It's an excellent production with great photos and music.

Cuffs, I'll have to warn you, once you watch it, you'll most likely start making plans for hiking that trail.

after watching some of the DVD's I can agree with Sly you will want to hike the PCT
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Geezer

I need to look at the ones I do have. 2004 & 2005 I think. I haven't used bit torrent before, maybe I'll give it a go.
    I just downloaded a bittorent client, and am downloading the file now. Not sure what to do with it, but since the file is 4.25 Gig, I suppose I will have a couple months before I have to worry about what to do after it finishes downloading...
    Frosty

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I just downloaded a bittorent client, and am downloading the file now. Not sure what to do with it, but since the file is 4.25 Gig, I suppose I will have a couple months before I have to worry about what to do after it finishes downloading...
    That's a good question! Try downloading Imgburn. Among other things, it will burn iso files to DVD. Great program and it's free.

Geezer

That's a good question! Try downloading Imgburn. Among other things, it will burn iso files to DVD. Great program and it's free.
    It worked. Nice DVD. Just saw Southern California, will watch the rest tomorrow.

For anyone considering downloading DVD file from Post #1, it took me 28 hours with cable internet.

Have fun
    Frosty

Hint:

Once you download these leave don't delete the tasks or move the files. That way others can download form your computer too and it will d/l faster.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonHiker View Post
    Hint:

Once you download these leave don't delete the tasks or move the files. That way others can download form your computer too and it will d/l faster.

Yeah, isn't that the way bittorent works the best, to leave your computer on for the next guys? Rather than opening your computer and files to the anonymous, I think some would worry about being hacked or something.

Once you download the file do you have to write it on a DVD or can you just watch it? And what program do I need to watch it with?

Quote Originally Posted by tritonl View Post
    Once you download the file do you have to write it on a DVD or can you just watch it? And what program do I need to watch it with?
    I' found this thread using Google, there are others. Playing iso files

Yeah, isn't that the way bittorent works the best, to leave your computer on for the next guys? Rather than opening your computer and files to the anonymous, I think some would worry about being hacked or something.
    Sorry...just trying to help those new to bittorents

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++