WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi, Caveman of Ohio. I believe I met you last summer near Waywayanda, I think, and you told me a sad tale of dehydration and disorientation. Sorry to hear of your employment problems. If you do the LT next summer, look for me. Vermont is my next section, probably early August.

Tiptoe

Registered User Caveman of Ohio's Avatar
    Images

Hey Tiptoe I will keep you in mind if I hit the Lt next year. That was about the time I was looking to hike it.

Images

yo caveman! it's High Life i did turn around after katahdin and FLippin all the way to GA. I remmeber your crazy long days in VT. and seeing you in bennington while i rode around on the bike .. hahah good times

Images

Hi High Life I am glad you got to do the whole At this year. I am starting to think about doing the trail here again. Maye in two years I will see you out there again? Well take care

Smith Gap, Pennsylvania - SEE your (The AT Guide) for more information

Default Hey Caveman

The Mechanical Man says HI, from back at good ol Smith Gap Pa.
    You stayed at the Blue mountain Dome on 6/17/07, REMEBER?

Congratulations on your journey, sounds like it isn't over quite yet.

Please share with us, the story of how you got lost that day, before you found my place??? hehe

Images

Yes I remember staying at your place and that day was on of the worst on the trail for me. I am glad I was able to stay at your home. That day could fill a chapter in a book it so long. The short version is that I got the upset stomach and had myself a little accident. Could not find the trail after ditching in the woods and had to buswack down from the ridge to the road with out my pack and water. Turns out I was a 1.5 from the trail, it was high 90's and had no water. I was given pleanty of direction and what roads to take back to the trail head but no one offered a ride. After a half mile walk a lady offered me some water and said I had another mile to the trail head. After a good two hour ordeal I was able to get back to my pack. It was still sitting there right along the trail. Than I made the hike down to Mechanical mans house. What a day.

Smith Gap, Pennsylvania - SEE your (The AT Guide) for more information

Default I felt bad too

Yes, I felt bad too that day too, my best canine trail hiking friend died the day before. "Tank" the Dober-man passed away the day before you arrived.

We had just got home from a short maintaining hike on the AT, a fitting end to a great trail hiking partner.
    Tank hiked 5oo+ miles with me from Harpers Ferry, south to Dennis Cove Road over a 6 year period, my dogs have hiked more AT than most people.

Images

Cavemaaaaan. Had fun hiking with you. How about that summit day? Good to hear you made it down the Knife Edge. Rio and I are thinking about doing the John Muir Trail in June.

Hemlock

Images

That was a great summit day and the Knife Edge was a blast. I been looking at other trails myself but I do not have the funds at this time. My plans are to land a job,work,burn out, and than go hike again. I am jealous you two are beating me to it.

Images

Default Toms , Dalton,MA July 17

caveman you remember this ???

Would this be the caveman that Tundra and Pink Panther hiked with for a bit in Georgia/NC?

PinkPanther
    The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness. - John Muir

Images

Yes Pink Panther this is Caveman from Georgia and North Carolina. How have you two been?

Caveman! Any luck with the jobs yet? Monkey and I are thinking of heading overseas for a while. How does American Samoa sound?

Images

No luck on the job front yet. No one can understand why I took off of work for so many months. I guess they want you just to work and die at a job. When you going to the Samoa's?

Images

come on dude no comment on that awesome photo ! HA !

Images

That was a great day. A movie and a meal afterwards. It was a good day off the trail.

Images

Back in feb of 07 I left my job to hike the Appalachian trail. That has been nearly a year off of work. Well it has been very fun being a bum but I am sad to say I am returning to work. Turns out the same company is going to take me back but with a few stipulations. I just hope I can handle being trapped inside again.

Images

hehe ive been off the trail for 2 months exactly and i still havent found a job
    :P

Caveman,

From what I remember you said about your old job is that the people were really great. I'm glad you found work again. It's tough doing anything w/o money. I didn't start working until the 2nd of Jan this year and still won't get paid till the end of the month. Looks like Lipton Sides for just a little while longer!

GG

Hey Caveman,
    Zero here.......I got real sick when I got into Harper's Ferry.....I had a great time hiking with you that morning.....How did things go with your Girl?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++