WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wow, thanks for all of the advice. Much appreciated. Keep it coming if you have more.

Jason

Images

Default Just some thoughts

Is this a human interest documentary, or a how to video, or is there a story or angle being pursued? Sounds like a very interesting project. Good luck with it.

Depending upon the focus of the you might consider a cam at the start of the approach trail in Amicolola Falls park and another at Springer Mountain shelter for a few days. Depending upon when you do it, if the USFS roads are open you can probably tape in the am at the AF approach and beat the same hikers up to Springer or Stover Creek shelters for post day one footage. Could provide some very entertaining before and after observations of prospective thru-hikers after day one.

Also not to be missed would be Trail Days in Damascus, VA (May 16, 17, 18), and perhaps the ALDHA gathering in the fall or one of the Rucks(get togethers like SoRuck later this winter) Of course you'll want to balance the carnival start and Trail Days with some glimpses of real daily life in "the long green tunnel": some wonderful cool but sunny days and campfire nights balanced out by the hungry, cold, hot, wet, dry, blistered feet, sick, injured, and more days. Some footage of ATC headquarters in Harpers Ferry, WV would probably be obligatory somewhere in the video.

Katadin would be a fitting setting for the end of a video just as it is for a NOBO thru-hiker. Some footage of a Katadin climb, some in the Mahoosucs(ME), and in the White Mountains(especially if you can get a good windy day on Mt Washington) could be very dramatic.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Hello I would like to learn more about your film project and I...Like everyone who would endeavor to hike 2000 miles have an interesting story to tell. Hope to see you at the Ruck. I am going to join the class of 2008

Longwe tru

Images

You are welcome to the PA Ruck as well.

You can email me at
    [email protected]

with any questions regarding accommodations, etc.

Same venue, itinerary, different locale.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Is this a human interest documentary, or a how to video, or is there a story or angle being pursued? Sounds like a very interesting project. Good luck with it.

Depending upon the focus of the you might consider a cam at the start of the approach trail in Amicolola Falls park and another at Springer Mountain shelter for a few days. Depending upon when you do it, if the USFS roads are open you can probably tape in the am at the AF approach and beat the same hikers up to Springer or Stover Creek shelters for post day one footage. Could provide some very entertaining before and after observations of prospective thru-hikers after day one.

Also not to be missed would be Trail Days in Damascus, VA (May 16, 17, 18), and perhaps the ALDHA gathering in the fall or one of the Rucks(get togethers like SoRuck later this winter) Of course you'll want to balance the carnival start and Trail Days with some glimpses of real daily life in "the long green tunnel": some wonderful cool but sunny days and campfire nights balanced out by the hungry, cold, hot, wet, dry, blistered feet, sick, injured, and more days. Some footage of ATC headquarters in Harpers Ferry, WV would probably be obligatory somewhere in the video.

Katadin would be a fitting setting for the end of a video just as it is for a NOBO thru-hiker. Some footage of a Katadin climb, some in the Mahoosucs(ME), and in the White Mountains(especially if you can get a good windy day on Mt Washington) could be very dramatic.

Hey thanks for all the advice. I am definitely going to try and make it out to all of those locations and more. Hopefully I can come up with the bank roll for those logistics!! Pretty insane.

And it is not a how to video. It is going to be vérité style.

Jason

What Sandalwood said - relaxing, not all choppy.
    And maintainers - talk with MATC folks (Maine Appalachian Trail Club), for starters - put more out there about how trail clubs work and what trail work is really like would go a long way toward reducing the grousing about conditions and increasing the labor and $ contributions to same!
    V8
    -lyk2hyk

I don't know what kind of people you're looking for, but since I'm one of the propestive thrus closest to you geographically, I'll give you my story and motivation. (and because it's pretty simple.)

I first heard about the trail at age 12, and resolved to someday hike it. 25 years later, it's now or never. I'm a complete novice hiker, hoping for one grand adventure to convince myself that I'm something other than just a lazy shlub.

Feel free to use me in your documentary, I am a star in the making. Plus I am cute, and that makes me very photogenic, the camera loves me.

I am from Australia and shall be starting my traverse of the AT on the 24th of March

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by whykickamoocow View Post
    Feel free to use me in your documentary, I am a star in the making. Plus I am cute, and that makes me very photogenic, the camera loves me.

I am from Australia and shall be starting my traverse of the AT on the 24th of March
    Someone loves the spotlight.

Kirby

Smith Gap, Pennsylvania - SEE your (The AT Guide) for more information

Default visit Linda and john's Blue Mountain Dome Home

Your film would not be complete without a visit to Linda and John's Blue Mountain Dome Home here at Smith Gap Pa. - see your Companion, or Thru-hikers handbook for our listing and more information about us.
    We help support the Ridgerunner program in our area, I am also a volunteer trail club maintainer, and have a new spring trail named after me.
    We have assisted many hikers in the past 18 years, ....Ed Garvey and "Wingfoot" slept at my house, and Earl Shaffer ate dinner at my table in 1998.
    Give me a shout if you are interested in stopping for a visit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mechanical Man View Post
    Your film would not be complete without a visit to Linda and John's Blue Mountain Dome Home here at Smith Gap Pa. - see your Companion, or Thru-hikers handbook for our listing and more information about us.
    We help support the Ridgerunner program in our area, I am also a volunteer trail club maintainer, and have a new spring trail named after me.
    We have assisted many hikers in the past 18 years, ....Ed Garvey and "Wingfoot" slept at my house, and Earl Shaffer ate dinner at my table in 1998.
    Give me a shout if you are interested in stopping for a visit?

Sounds great!!

Default check your email Videographer

And it's not just because we love the spotlight..........we have some REAL trail stories coming from our home that many a hiker has enjoyed visiting.
    I just sent you an email with some pictures and more information, go get it.
    We will sure have some good AT stories to share with you, past and present!!!

The Appalachian Trail has been my life since 1984, .........I can't even get away from it while I am on vacation. hehe

How about it folks?? Anybody remember visiting Linda and John's Blue Mountain Dome on YOUR hike?????

Quote Originally Posted by furtigan View Post
    I don't know what kind of people you're looking for, but since I'm one of the propestive thrus closest to you geographically, I'll give you my story and motivation. (and because it's pretty simple.)

I first heard about the trail at age 12, and resolved to someday hike it. 25 years later, it's now or never. I'm a complete novice hiker, hoping for one grand adventure to convince myself that I'm something other than just a lazy shlub.

Yeah I would love to talk to anyone who is in the Florida area and who is planning a thru-hike. For everyone out there, please contact me if you are in Florida or Georgia, you are planning to thru-hike, and you are interesting in being involved in my documentary.

And it's not just because we love the spotlight..........we have some REAL trail stories coming from our home that many a hiker has enjoyed visiting.
    I just sent you an email with some pictures and more information, go get it.
    We will sure have some good AT stories to share with you, past and present!!!

The Appalachian Trail has been my life since 1984, .........I can't even get away from it while I am on vacation. hehe

How about it folks?? Anybody remember visiting Linda and John's Blue Mountain Dome on YOUR hike?????
    no, but I will make a point of it on my hike.

Vidioguy! don't forgret to highlight some of the different philosephys of hiking. Through hikes, section hikers, ultralighters, ect.

Come follow me. I'm purdy.

Default Kirby's invited

Hey Kirby, are you really going to have time to stop and see Linda and John at the Blue Mountain Dome?

Ok i look for this film call Trek have not been able to find it who make it and what year was it made in also is trek the full name of it. Thank

Images

Quote Originally Posted by partinj View Post
    Ok i look for this film call Trek have not been able to find it who make it and what year was it made in also is trek the full name of it. Thank
    http://www.amazon.com/Trek-Journey-A.../dp/B0001CWH4E
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Hey Kirby, are you really going to have time to stop and see Linda and John at the Blue Mountain Dome?
    Well, things are still a bit up in the air, but I should have a pritty loose scedual...So I will plan on trying.

Is that a good enough definate maybee?

Default see you soon

Pa. is a long way from Springer,...................Good Luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++