WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Videographer View Post
    I own Appalachian Impressions, and I have seen tidbits of Trek and Walking with Freedom. I really want to see 2000 miles to Maine. That sounds like an interesting film. I also live right down the street from David Miller, the guy who wrote Awol on the Appalachian Trail. Great book.

Jason, I have a copy of 2000 miles to Maine and I live right down the road in Vero Beach. You are welcome to borrow it

swift

Thumbs up

In your opening remarks I believe you addressed the issue of "motivation" for one's "thru hike" of the AT. You will find in all probability a large number of northbound hiker's in March through May all dreaming of a finish at Katahdin. No doubt some will be like me,....wanting for several year's to do the journey, and finally being able to do so thanks, in part, to "retirement" from the "full time work" responsibilities. I believe "Jumpstart" was one such hiker, as will I, beginning in early March, headed north.

Quote Originally Posted by swift View Post
    Jason, I have a copy of 2000 miles to Maine and I live right down the road in Vero Beach. You are welcome to borrow it

swift
    Hey I am going to take you up on that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by maxNcathy View Post
    Videographer,

Try to make it educational to someone thinking about getting the right gear for a hike of the trail.Get pictures of hikers setting up their tents/hammocks in the rain.
    Sandalwood

Maybe visit Walasi-Yi Center (WYC) and see what the WYC is recommending thruhikers change up in their pack. How about a little snipit on adjusting your pack. it's amazing how many hikers need their pack adjusted.

I would image that the first couple days on the trail would be some pretty funny stuff. First time some are using the restroom outdoors, first time some are using their stoves, first time some are setting up their tents/hammocks, and lots of other firsts.

Hope that's helpful.

Now if they could only perfect Smellavision....

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

You should definitely plan to spend a couple of days on trail in Georgia, before Neels Gap, during thru hiker season, I imagine you would see some interesting things.

Kirby

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++