WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Cool The THINK button - A MUST READ (please)

White Blazers, Blue Blazers, Thru-Hikers, Section Hikers, Billvillains, and, yes, even Contra Dancers,

Please hit the THINK button before the ENTER button.

We, as in you and me and everyone in between, can make White Blaze the best board on the net if we only try a little harder. And no, I am not affiliated with WB nor do I claim to be an angel of the net. I am affiliated with hiking. I think you are, too.

As hikers who enjoy associating with one another, I would hope we come to White Blaze to share and learn, not argue and bicker. It appears many of the more vocal WB'ers are becoming less acrimonious, but I would suggest we could all benefit if we simply reviewed what he typed and hit that "think" button before the "enter" button. Please, just try the think button, otherwise called "preview post", below and pretend you are the audience, that's all I ask. I am not asking anyone to avoid wise cracks, busting chops, yanking chains or having a little fun. I am asking you to be reasonable, respectful and simply civil to your fellow hiker regardless of experience or beliefs. In effect, I am only asking what the White Blaze moderators are asking in the usage agreement.

So discuss away, share or learn or both. If you disagree, challenge the idea not the person. If you agree, say so and why. If you have another idea, speak up. Sometimes a quick Google supports your position or maybe you will learn differently. Be open. Promote new ideas or thoughts. Listen to other ideas and think about them. Build on positive energy. Avoid negative energy.

Will you join me in this challenge?

Please join me in helping make our outstanding moderators jobs a little easier by showing each other the same respect you show them, especially SGT Rock, Dixi and Dino.

Just be

Thank you and hike on.

Shut up jerk. Nobody likes you you stupid-headed blue-blazin liberal hippie muffin-brain.
    Tin Man - hope this helps by contrast. I'm with ya.

Images

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Shut up jerk. Nobody likes you you stupid-headed blue-blazin liberal hippie muffin-brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montego View Post
    Agreed.
    Hmmmmm....

Just kidding.

Images

Well said. Lots of luck. (so sad that it wont actually take hold.)
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
    Oh but it can if you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
    It will take hold if the believers hold their tongue and ignore the non-believers. Will you join me?

Images

im with ya, but theres over 1000 others that you have to convince!
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Images

Hmmmmm....

Just kidding.
    Oops! Sorry warraghiyagey, my post was in agreement with the original post by tin man. Slow posting (I'll blame it on the computer even if it's not so) LOL

Just read this. I'm probably more guilty than most for just conversing away in flow of conciousness mode like it was more of a chat line than a bulletin board. Yea, I'll try and go for more quality and less quantity. Now where is that think button? Oh, gotta go advanced. OK. There it is. Hey, might as well add a banana while I'm at it.

Bingo. Found a few typos and some pagination improvement. I'm gonna like this. I gotta work on limiting quantity too though. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Just read this. I'm probably more guilty than most for just conversing away in flow of conciousness mode like it was more of a chat line than a bulletin board. Yea, I'll try and go for more quality and less quantity. Now where is that think button? Oh, gotta go advanced. OK. There it is. Hey, might as well add a banana while I'm at it.

Bingo. Found a few typos and some pagination improvement. I'm gonna like this. I gotta work on limiting quantity too though. Cheers.
    Thank you JAK.

Who's next?

Quote Originally Posted by Montego View Post
    Oops! Sorry warraghiyagey, my post was in agreement with the original post by tin man. Slow posting (I'll blame it on the computer even if it's not so) LOL
    I know dude, I was messing with the quotes for my own enjoyment. I'm with the tin man for sure, but can't help my own brand of humor sometimes.

I know dude, I was messing with the quotes for my own enjoyment. I'm with the tin man for sure, but can't help my own brand of humor sometimes.
    Nothing wrong with a little off the wall humor. I got it.

Images

Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Count me in!
    Awesome! Thanks Summit.

Come on, I know you all want to join. Sign up!

Tin Man - can you hook this thread up so that when someone's on it they hear the song "Age of Aquarius?" Could help.

Tin Man - can you hook this thread up so that when someone's on it they hear the song "Age of Aquarius?" Could help.
    Good idea, but I do not want this to appear too sappy. Have I failed already?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    Good idea, but I do not want this to appear too sappy. Have I failed already?
    No way man. It's right on. i just have a fast and loose sense of humor. You're right on and I'm with this concept and have actually been suggesting it for quite some time here now. I'm sure someone here will back me up on this.

And BTW I love the song "Age of Aquqrius".

Images

Wanting a return to not so comman courtesy (jibbing aside) is never "sappy".

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++