WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Default Two Chimney

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteWhips View Post
    Just for fun, looked it up. For comparison, here's Fingerboard. Bigger rocks, one chimney.
    I can say having just spent the night at the Fingerboard shelter right before Thanksgiving that it has infact two Chimney. Willaim Brine has one chimney and the fireplace in that one is now sealed off anyway.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Not doubting MS at all. I shoulda put the grinning face by the post.

i like minnasota smith,he hiked his hike the way he wanted to dude neo

Default Thank you, neo...

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    If I do it again, odds are I'd do it similiarly in some parts, but quite differently in others. I'd want to do it in under 5 months, for one thing. For another, I'd stay in shelters considerably less, hiking many days to the end my strength or daylight, and tenting there. I might not cook that next time, either, if I can figure out a way to get enough vegetables into me...

Camped at W. Mtn. Shel in Oct one year and you can see the lights from Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands. Great spot! BTW I like to think of HSP as my "home court".
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

Images

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    I like him ,too dude. He has a hard time getting positive validation on this board. I think this last post of his thru-hike advice was a really good one.

Default Thank you, Gray Blazer, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    I like him ,too dude. He has a hard time getting positive validation on this board. I think this last post of his thru-hike advice was a really good one.
    I try to help with my posts on subjects I think I may know more about than some readers, or at least have had a thought on a subject that some here have not had.

Out of curiosity, which post of mine on thru-hiking advice did you think highly of? The "not-sure-if-she's-even-really-going-to-thruhike" Georgia Girl thread, where I listed some winter gear and direction-finding maps?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotasmith View Post
    I try to help with my posts on subjects I think I may know more about than some readers, or at least have had a thought on a subject that some here have not had.

Out of curiosity, which post of mine on thru-hiking advice did you think highly of? The "not-sure-if-she's-even-really-going-to-thruhike" Georgia Girl thread, where I listed some winter gear and direction-finding maps?
    It was 42 on this thread. I am thinking like you that if I were to thruhike the AT I would not plan to stop at shelters, but go ahead and put in some longer days and plan on tenting. I would also try to get an early start in the morning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++