WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Images

Fool just let all the robbers know that you will be out for a bit I am sure that they could wait a few extra days before the hold you up again. It wouldn't be same disaster with out you.

Images

We need someone to send out to some mythical shelter to start the campfire just to recall him back because the main party decided that they felt like not moving on. Sorta like a "Fool's errand". You're right it wouldn't be the same without LHF.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

gents! it's sounding like this is gonna' be a great trip! i've been checking out the photos from yer' last slumber party! looks like a good group! have a great weekend all!!!!

hahahahah

you just need to have a longer stride....like I said, try jumping in between steps :-P
    Just wake up in the morning, stretch out, grab some coffee, and say to yourself, "Today is a good day to HIKE!" ~ Big Cranky

@ sasquatch: I really dont care if they stick us up again, so long as I don't get hurt :-P

@doggie: lol no worries man, that surely took some bounce out of my step :-P

I'm going to make a couple phone calls in the next couple days tryin to chase downmy damned Nimbus Ozone

and yes, Rick, Max, and Chris....the trail runners shall return for this trip
    Just wake up in the morning, stretch out, grab some coffee, and say to yourself, "Today is a good day to HIKE!" ~ Big Cranky

Images

Trail Runners? Real men wear flip flops for winter hikes!!!

Images

I hike in Harriman a lot, so no biggy, but the section between 17 and 17A isn'r um, how to you say, fun? ideal? enjoyable?

just throwing it out there
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Images

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    I hike in Harriman a lot, so no biggy, but the section between 17 and 17A isn'r um, how to you say, fun? ideal? enjoyable?

just throwing it out there
    It's 8 miles of Disney World for masochists ... and the views are "to die for"
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

Default Another idea

Just to add as much confusion into the mix as possible. what about along the DWG. That is more like a long ridge hike from what I can tell. I have never been over there mind you so I have really no clue what the hell I am talking about but that has yet to stop me. It is not that far from where I'm at and would be closer for you guys coming up from the south. Plus I could have another half a state completed for my "RU" hike. I have half of MA, CT, NY, MD and then we could add NJ. Just another idea. we could actualy start farther north and head down through Highpoint etc heading south.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch2014 View Post
    Just to add as much confusion into the mix as possible. what about along the DWG. That is more like a long ridge hike from what I can tell. I have never been over there mind you so I have really no clue what the hell I am talking about but that has yet to stop me. It is not that far from where I'm at and would be closer for you guys coming up from the south. Plus I could have another half a state completed for my "RU" hike. I have half of MA, CT, NY, MD and then we could add NJ. Just another idea. we could actualy start farther north and head down through Highpoint etc heading south.
    It will be a cold camp. No open fires are allowed in NJ. Something to keep in mind. That could be at the very least uncomfortable. I'm game. I'll just bring a wood burning stove with me. But wasn't that big fire in MD nice? It may seem trivial for some folks regarding the importance of fire building. But we're talking winter camping.

Images

Default To build a fire - by Jack London

Humor me and read this story by Jack London ... (it's intense).
    http://london.sonoma.edu/Writings/LostFace/fire.html

I take cold weather camping and it's dangers seriously. As you know.

yeah no fire is going to suck, the last night on the trail was a WARM night that night

Images

I am game for what ever, just let me know

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    I am game for what ever, just let me know
    It's up to Sasquatch then. The sooner we can firm this up the better other folks can make the committment. Delaware Water Gap (DWG) heading south into PA imho is not too bad 1st shelter is within 7 miles. Heading North is a little bit of a road hike followed by a climb of about 900 feet vertical over 5 miles . First campsite is a backpacker campsite with no water at 4 miles from DWG (cold camp). It's all up to Sasquatch/shortbus - he's driving the most and has spaces to fill in this area for his sections.

Images

Okay, I am guessing we are going with the first idea of NY?
    Will work tryn to find directions for begin and end points.
    We need to figure out who will be meeting at the lower point and driving some to the begining.

My truck will hold 3 people, but the 3rd person will be sitting in the "jump seat" in the rear - really cramped. But the packs will be inthe back of the pick up.

Any other vehicles able to fit more in?

Images

I've got me a little pickup truck. I can carry one person ... if they don't mind snuggling with the dog. I can haul gear in the back.

Images

1)NY trip - Jan 10,11,12 - Sasquatch, what starting/finishing point do you need?

Whos in:
    -Sasquatch
    -Wrongway (& Hudson ?) - Pick up, squeeze in 2 people and a dog or 2.
    -Doggiebag & Aldo - pick up truck, 1 person and a dog.
    -Slamajama
    -River1
    -Saimyoji ?
    - A-Train ?
    - Kayak karl ?

Images

I guess before I really figure all the details we should figure out what time you all guess you will be getting up this way. You got a bit of a drive so are we looking at a short hike of only a few hours the first day or are you all planning on a long day and driving to get up in this area in the AM?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch2014 View Post
    I guess before I really figure all the details we should figure out what time you all guess you will be getting up this way. You got a bit of a drive so are we looking at a short hike of only a few hours the first day or are you all planning on a long day and driving to get up in this area in the AM?
    Hey dude ... you're missing out on some real funny s*** on the WorldRecord thread ... it's effin precious.

As far as the first day ... depends on where we're starting.

Images

Well you made it down here at 9 for our last hike, I know you had the longest drive out of all of us, so as long as the others are good with it, lets say 9am as our first meet?
    First lets see where the others live, I think some are down further South then I am - that would make it hard for them to hit a 9am meet time.

If we list where we are comming from, maybe that'll give a few a chance to carpool - saving gas and parking spaces.

For me it looks like a 5 hour drive from Westminster Maryland - (this is using Beacon, New York as the meeting area - I know thats not right but it should be safe for the drive time needed.)

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++