WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

[QUOTE=john30563;488416]I'd head on up Rabbit. I doubt they'd turn you away, unless they find here.

getting my gear together now

Journal Entries
    Images

How close are you Rabbit? Did you call the Sheriff's department?

I live in Lawrenceville, 70 miles from Mt Crossings, I haven't been able to reach anyone by phone yet, will keep trying and post something when I know. i just want to be ready to leave early in the morning if i can help

Journal Entries
    Images

Keep us posted Rabbit. Thanks!

if anyone gets through to the Sheriff's department or any other department involved with the search please let us all know what you find out

www.tnhikingforums.com double j's Avatar
    Images

man this sucks its very cold outside wish i didnt live so far away

Images

Terrible weather to be out in if you are not prepared. I did this section into neels gap several years ago in dec very cold time As I recall going NB the AT goes right and you pick up the trail down to Lake Winfeld Scott on the left a little tricky if I remember-of course it was sleeting rain at the time so my visibility was not the best I hope they find her the weather is cold here in aiken sc and I can imagine how tough it will be tonite wish I lived closerI woul certainly try to help.

Hillbilly

The N side of blood, coming down can be very confusing, it is not marked well where you need to take a hard left half way down the rock 'face' there.

I sure hope she is AOK, prayers and positivity headed her way wherever she is, hopefully she has the dog and they are together for warmth
    ad astra per aspera

I can't reach anyone at the Sheriff's department, not knowing a last name or ext. number if falls into a general voice mail box.

Does anyone have any other ideas, or know someone within the Sheriff's department?

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Have you tried calling mountain crossings? Someone mentioned they would have information on it, and might be able to tell you whether the SAR operation is in need of anymore assistance.

Kirby

Images

Man, wish I could go help, this is really bad with the weather. If she knows how to build a simple ground shelter and keeps the dog with her - she should be okay. Sounds like she didnt have much with her.

Hope no foul play is involved. Seems weird she left the leash in the car, usually a person that has the leash ready would put it on the dog before leaving the car or have the dog exit the driver side and put it on there.

Another thing that is of concern is if they have started searching and yelling and all that - the dog should have heard them and barked or something, unless she is really way off course.

Keeping her and her dog in my prayers. I hope the 2 of them come out of this okay. Really sad news.

Mountain Crossings closes at 6 PM

Journal Entries
    Images

Local NBC station just called the disappearance "bizarre". Could be media hype or they have info they aint sharing unless you stay up til 11 to see it.

Journal Entries
    Images

Found another number, it seems more local, an exchange I recognize (706) 745-5250

Images

A similar news link.

Notice that they don't say they found the leash in or near the car.Just that they found the leash.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by john30563 View Post
    Local NBC station just called the disappearance "bizarre". Could be media hype or they have info they aint sharing unless you stay up til 11 to see it.
    I am worried it is a "bizarre" disappearance. Something doesnt seem right with it. I hope I am 100% wrong on this hunch. The leash is what seems weird and no sign from a dog....... if she was hurt and the dog could hear the searchers.... 95% of dogs would holler and bark for help.

Images

Did they try tracking with dogs yet? Windy but it's still worth a shot. Bloodhounds and a good handler can do some amazing things. Might have an easier time tracking the other dog's scent as well. Who knows if they're together or where they are, but find one and it might lead to the other. Hope she's holed up on the mountain somewhere, or walked out, 'cause the alternative , well...
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Journal Entries
    Images

Here ya go with numbers
    (706) 000-1111 Blairsville City Police (County Seat)
    706-745-4399--911 non emergency calls
    706-439-6091 -- Fire and EMS non emergency (I bet they are really heading the thing up if I were a guessing man!)
    Good luck!

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    A similar news link.

Notice that they don't say they found the leash in or near the car.Just that they found the leash.

I heard the "in the car" quote on the radio on the way home or on the 6PM news I think. I can't remember.

Journal Entries
    Images

And something else we havent discussed here, who says she went up Blood? YOu are supposed to park north of Mountain Crossings no matter which direction you are headed. She could have as easily went up and over Levelland on the northbound side.

??????

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++