WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Sorry

Images

Default Sorry

Earlier I posted about editing posts and I wanted to apologize to the administrators. I didn't realize that there was an alternate forum that posts about certain things could be discussed (sensative issues). I really do think you folks do a great job, sorry for confusion.

Chagrin Falls can be quite beautiful, any time of year.

Yeah, we all get upset when post are edited or deleted. It's a difficult balancing act and for the most part the mods do a great job.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

:::: Dino wraps a loving tail around Nokia ::::

Nokia, no problem. It was a tough day for all of us. As Sly says (Sly is one of the moderators) it is a difficult balancing act. Even the moderation team doesn't always have 100% agreement on how to handle some of these situations. The senseless loss of a member of the hiking community hits us all hard - moderators included. We are real live human beings and members of the hiking community.

Unfortunately, I have some idea what Meridith Emerson's family is going thru right now. I have lost a two-year-old child of my own (leukemia) and lost a dearly-loved adult step-child to senseless violence. We went thru several days of wondering if he was alive before his body was found. No matter how hard I try not to let my own experiences affect how I see things that are posted, it does.

The Sensitive Trail topics forum (Thick Skinned forum) mentioned is a forum members must join to see. To join this forum:
    1. Click USER CP on the top navigation bar on this page.
    2. The page that opens will have a left-side navigation bar. The third item from the bottom is GROUP MEMBERSHIPS
    3. This will open a page that will allow you to choose to see some additional forums:
    • Thick-skinned forum (this is also called the sensitive trail topics)
    • Non-AT forum (general discussion of non-hiking related topics)
    • Political forum (be afraid, be very afraid )

In total agreement with what Dino and Sly have said. We are human, and I know I only try to do what I feel is in the very best interest of this site and its members at all times (whether they feel that way or not...LOL). I know I can't make everyone happy all the time, that's impossible.

Thank you Nokia for the apology, don't worry about it.

Images

Default ty

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    :::: Dino wraps a loving tail around Nokia ::::

Nokia, no problem. It was a tough day for all of us. As Sly says (Sly is one of the moderators) it is a difficult balancing act. Even the moderation team doesn't always have 100% agreement on how to handle some of these situations. The senseless loss of a member of the hiking community hits us all hard - moderators included. We are real live human beings and members of the hiking community.

Unfortunately, I have some idea what Meridith Emerson's family is going thru right now. I have lost a two-year-old child of my own (leukemia) and lost a dearly-loved adult step-child to senseless violence. We went thru several days of wondering if he was alive before his body was found. No matter how hard I try not to let my own experiences affect how I see things that are posted, it does.

The Sensitive Trail topics forum (Thick Skinned forum) mentioned is a forum members must join to see. To join this forum:
    1. Click USER CP on the top navigation bar on this page.
    2. The page that opens will have a left-side navigation bar. The third item from the bottom is GROUP MEMBERSHIPS
    3. This will open a page that will allow you to choose to see some additional forums:
    • Thick-skinned forum (this is also called the sensitive trail topics)
    • Non-AT forum (general discussion of non-hiking related topics)
    • Political forum (be afraid, be very afraid )
    ty. i never knew that

How do you go to the forum after you join? I can not seemed to find it.

Images

when in the home page, click on forums (top left), scroll down, you'll find the subscribed forums down at the bottom, also entries from those will appear w/ the rest of the new post, look on the right column to see which group its under
    Gaiter
    homepage.mac.com/thickredhair
    web.mac.com/thickredhair/AT_Fall_07

++ New Posts ++