WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: i am pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by partinj View Post
    I got a ideal why don't we cover this guy with honey and tie him to
    a tree in bear county that that
    As a beekeeper it would break my heart to see good local honey used that way but if we must may I suggest that the a****** be staked out over a fire ant mound instead.

Seriously though, I have been trying to fathom the complete lunancy and senselessness of not only Ms. Emerson's murder but also the holiday murders of six people in either Oregon or Washington. There a family member and her boyfriend killed an extended family of six. Included in the carnage was a six year old and a three year old child as they tried to use a cell phone to call for help for their critically wounded mother. The boyfriend was quoted as saying little Nathan ( three) looked up at me and knew what was going to happen.

Makes you want to resign from the human specie.

No doubt there will be some changes in hikers demeanor this year. This tragedy can't help but send shock waves through the hiking community. It's a shame.
    Throwing pearls to swine.

i have felt unsafe on trails only twice ever ... once on the AT, once locally. locally ... because i was 3 miles from the trailhead and smelled a cigarette, with no one around (that i could see) (in the winter) (all brown). i walked faster ....
    on the AT, i had a long (18 mile) day ... and got to a very depressing shelter. i so didn't want to spend the night alone, and was gleefully overjoyed when (eventually) two other hikers i knew showed up .... such relief!

i had spent most of the day alone. sometimes, i love that, other times, it scares me.

regardless, i won't stop hiking. i will listen, smell, look over my shoulder, look ahead. funny thing, i think most clearly when on (a) trail.

the best way to honor, remember, is to keep on walking.

Images

That is great cupcake. You should never let some idiot(s) change your way of thinking- it is good that you are cautious and observant, but none of us should have to live our lives in fear of some waste of life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++