WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2008 section hiking with ladies

Intested in doing AT sectiion hiking in 08' with other ladies. Interested?

Images

Do a search on HenHike and maybe you can hook up with that group somewhere along the trail. They are a group of women thru-hiking the AT this year. From what I understand, many women will be joining them for short stints along the way.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

I might be but I am a slowpoke...PM me if interested

I'm a newbie along with my daughter (24). We both are interested in hiking sections. My husband of 27 years has hiked sections. My son (18) plans to thru hike staring 2/09. We will hike as a family this coming weekend starting at the approach to Springer.

Thumbs up Section hiking

We are you thinking about hiking?
    Right now we are section hiking South on the Blue Ridge Parkway and North in PA.
    We are based out of Harpers Ferry, WV.
    Let us know when and where you will be hiking and maybe we can join you.

raftingirl

:banana

We will start at the beginning in Georgia at the approach to Springer Mountain. We plan to watch the weather. Won't go this time, if it is snowing. We have a backup plan for the orange blaze in Florida if there is snow in North Georgia. The is a 3 day weekend coming up so we can't get to the trail until about 2 pm so this will just be a short overnight hike.

Images

hi ladies. Hickerchick2008 would love to hear from you. she is a dear frined and a fabulous trail buddy. she is dying for other female hiker buddies to section hike with. she lives near Helen, GA. if she seems apprehensive when you contact her tell her i sent you.
    There are two wolves that battle in every mans' heart, love and hate, the winner is the one fed the most.

Images

oops... friend
    There are two wolves that battle in every mans' heart, love and hate, the winner is the one fed the most.

Images

Default South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by bswilarmy View Post
    hi ladies. Hickerchick2008 would love to hear from you. she is a dear frined and a fabulous trail buddy. she is dying for other female hiker buddies to section hike with. she lives near Helen, GA. if she seems apprehensive when you contact her tell her i sent you.
    You're in Columbia! I'm in Aiken. Where do you hike that isn't hours drive away??? I used to live within minutes of the AT in Maryland and now there's nothing around here that isn't hours away.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Images

hi mrs baggins
    nothing is closer than 3 hours. once i was divorced from hickerchick i had to drive hours to enjoy hiking....but its worth it. she lives near helen but i like N SC too. chatooga river has a fabulous trail and very beautiful. my pics show the trail. she is moving back to AUG to be near her kids so if you contact her i know she will gladly drive to helen to hike with you!!

Images

Default Section hiking

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn girl View Post
    Intested in doing AT sectiion hiking in 08' with other ladies. Interested?
    Mtn girl, I'm in Maryland. If you're ever in the area PM me or get in touch and I'll gladly section hike with you. I'm a girl (or as my kids say, "you're not a girl, you're a mom!") and usually just hike with my lab, Romie. (very friendly and always on the leash). Take care!

Images

Default Highly recommend...........

Quote Originally Posted by tazie View Post
    Mtn girl, I'm in Maryland. If you're ever in the area PM me or get in touch and I'll gladly section hike with you. I'm a girl (or as my kids say, "you're not a girl, you're a mom!") and usually just hike with my lab, Romie. (very friendly and always on the leash). Take care!
    I have hiked with Tazie and I highly recommend her as a great hiking buddy! The best! Taught her everything she knows!

One Small Section at a Time Frau's Avatar
    Images

Mrs. Baggins--

I am very near the central part of the VA section, about 15 minutes from several different AT access points.

I am VERY interested in doing sections! I teach and so have the summer off. Please contact me about VA, WV or MD sections.

Frau (Lois)

well i think we need a georgia woman mini hiking weekend????
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frau View Post
    Mrs. Baggins--

I am very near the central part of the VA section, about 15 minutes from several different AT access points.

I am VERY interested in doing sections! I teach and so have the summer off. Please contact me about VA, WV or MD sections.

Frau (Lois)
    Frau,
    I'll be starting my section in Catawba the end of May. I have my summers off too, thanks to teaching, so I'll be hiking, hopefully, to Harper's Ferry this summer. If you want to join me for any or all of it, let me know.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

Default But I'm not there.........

Quote Originally Posted by Frau View Post
    Mrs. Baggins--

Frau (Lois)
    I'm in South Carolina, just over the Savannah River from Augusta GA - - a long way from VA, MD, or WV. I used to live in Frederick MD, very close to the AT, and have hiked from Snickers Gap to Pine Knob Furnace. Now I'm hours away from that kind of hiking. I'm getting back on the trail April 1st at Springer for two weeks.

Images

Default check with my buddy

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    well i think we need a georgia woman mini hiking weekend????
    give hickerchick2008 an email or a pm i know she is ready to hike since its getting warmer.

Hi ladies! I'm Natalie, a 28 year old law student. I am hiking from Harpers Ferry to Katahdin from May 11 - Aug 17. This is my first big hike and my hiking partner seems likely to back-out. I'm a little too timid to make the trip alone, but I've been planning for too long to give up now. I'm looking for a few women who want to spend the summer on the trail. Please email me if you're interested in meeting up for the whole summer, or any good chunk of the trail. Thanks!

I've been section hiking for a few years and have completed the trail from Caratunk, ME, to the Delaware Water Gap. I plan to go out Memorial Day week-end, July 4th week-end and about 3 weeks in August. I plan to backpack at least to Harper's Ferry. I generally pack enough food for 4 - 5 days and go into town to pick up maildrops. If anyone is interested, please e-mail me directly.

Rubyvermonter.

walkin' and pedalin' through life pedal's Avatar

Default Hiking Partner in GA

I'm looking for female hiking partners for overnighters in GA mainly, but NC too---usually weekends. I lost my hiking partner to other priorities and it's been too long! I have to get back on the trail for my sanity!!
    I bring my dog along, so you must be ok with that.
    I'm not high maintenance, but would like to know someone else is nearby to check in with occasionally.
    Looking at section from Dick's to Standing Indian at some point, but any part of the trail in GA and NC would be ok.

Sherri and The CookieDog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++