WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View Poll Results: HAVE YOU EVER MOONED THE COG

Voters
104. This poll is closed
  • YES

13 12.50%
  • NO

27 25.96%
  • HAVEN'T BEEN THERE BUT WOULD

21 20.19%
  • HAVEN'T BEEN THERE AND WOULD NOT

23 22.12%
  • THINK ITS DISGUSTING AND A DISRESPECT TO OTHERS AND THE TRAIL

20 19.23%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Whoops - typo in link.... my bad... fixed now

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Fhart View Post
    I think we should ask the thru hikers that got the hefty fines or an invite to appear in Federal Court to support your contention.
    how much did those morons have to pay?

Not to get into the discussion as to whether mooning the cog railway is politically correct or not, I thought I'd share some info. On my thru hike this past summer I had heard something on the AT grapevine a day before I arrived at Mt. Washington, about 2 thru hikers receiving $100.00+ citations by the resident NH State Trooper, for mooning the train. When I arrived at the summit in the morning and was having breakfast in the snack bar, I heard the cog engine whistle and lo' and behold the State Trooper approaches the window and starts scanning the tracks with a high powered pair of binoculars. Bottom line, before making that decision to moon, bear in mind big brother may be watching and may come and get ya.

On a lighter note I heard that after receiving their fines, one thru hiker stated "If I knew I'd be fined I never would have done it". The other thru hiker said "If I'd known I'd be fined, I would have got my money's worth"!

I'm the man on the mountain, come on up.....
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    Go to a schoolyard and do some of the stuff seen on MTV.... make sure your bondsman's card is in your pocket......
    go to the schoolyard to see kids doing things seen on MTV

Lone Wolf-"how much did those morons have to pay?"
    Why are you asking me, I wasn't one of them!

I think it was something like $125, but it could be otherwise. For a thru hiker who complains about spending a dollar, that is a fortune.

Go to the schoolyard and see kids doing things they can't show on MTV.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by EasyStrider View Post
    ....thru hiker said "If I'd known I'd be fined, I would have got my money's worth"!
    This is what I fear the fines will end up doing - making the display much more er... ah... displaying than they normally have been. I mean if you plan to do it and you are going to get busted for it, may as well make it something worthy of getting busted. While I don't think this way, I know some do.

Personally, I would think turning your back to the train, bending over and pointing to your fully-clad hinney would send a much more poignant message about what you think of the COG and would likely be legal.

This is what I fear the fines will end up doing - making the display much more er... ah... displaying than they normally have been. I mean if you plan to do it and you are going to get busted for it, may as well make it something worthy of getting busted. While I don't think this way, I know some do.

Personally, I would think turning your back to the train, bending over and pointing to your fully-clad hinney would send a much more poignant message about what you think of the COG and would likely be legal.
    I don't agree with that first part. I think it will simply make folks run a little faster.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

I'm not sure what the NH law or the federal law is on public nudity, but obviously it's a fineable offense. I'd be willing to wager that if they started aresting a few of these knuckleheads and taking them to jail, the mooning would cut wayyyyyyy back. Others start seeing folks going to jail for mooning and they'll get the picture soon enough.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hmmmm... aren't those who go along with the majority opinion
    The term is used in a lot of different contexts. The context I was using is the people who follow along with the sillier and dumber traditions. But, you knew that.

Hooch-"...Others start seeing folks going to jail for mooning and they'll get the picture soon enough. "
    Please don't send me a picture of people mooning!

man, oh, man........
    another freakin' moon the cog thread
    when will it end.............
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

I know the moonies do not get it, but I would like to hear some thoughts on this scenario:

Boy Scout Leader: "OK, Troop we are going to hike the AT on MT. Washington!"

Concerned Parent: "Oh, I hear that hikers moon the cog railway. Will you be going on that part of the AT?"

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    man, oh, man........
    When the mooning stops?

I don't get mooning at all. It seems as if the mooners think they're putting down the moonees in some way. (Is that correct mooners?) But in the animal kingdom (of which I think we're members) such behavior is a sign of submission, as in offering ones self for, well, you know.

man, oh, man........
    Let's talk about fording the Kennebec. Something real men do. Girlie men moon families and ride in canoes

Tin Man-"I know the moonies do not get it, but I would like to hear some thoughts on this scenario:

Boy Scout Leader: "OK, Troop we are going to hike the AT on MT. Washington!"..."
    Or a worse scenario:

Boy Scout Leader: "OK, Troop we are going to hike the AT on MT. Washington so you can get your mooning badges."

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

man, oh, man........
    Probably when the idiot with no better common sense stop mooning the f*&#$*g cog!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    Let's talk about fording the Kennebec. Something real men do. Girlie men moon families and ride in canoes
    ::: Dino dressed as fortune teller sees this thread ending up in Sensitive Trail Topics forum soon :::

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    You forgot using Leki's, filtering water and sleeping in shelters.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++