WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake View Post
    My DVD was perfect quality. At least support a fellow hiker and shell out a few bucks for an originial copy.
    Thanks!

If there are any people out there with ANY problems with their DVDS all you have to do is let me know and it will be remedied.

For real.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King View Post
    Thanks!

If there are any people out there with ANY problems with their DVDS all you have to do is let me know and it will be remedied.

For real.
    No problems with the DVD, I got it for Christmas and really enjoyed it, especially the music, so I wanted to ask you: are any of the tracks available on iTunes?

What?

Where did you get it?

Those DVDS are crystal clear unless someone else is making them.

I know, I made it.
    Going to take some looking. It was from a link I saw on here Ordered the Video and the book, "AWOL on the AT" was a combo order.

good book Anothe rgood book is, "Walkin' on the Happy Side of Misery"

My DVD was perfect quality. At least support a fellow hiker and shell out a few bucks for an originial copy.
    Don't accuse me of not doing what is right who the H do you think you are!!!! I got it from a link on here!

Smile Answer to Wrightsfoto

Get "Appalachian Impressions", "Trek", and "Walking with Freedom"

Enjoy!
    amblinalong

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Turtle View Post
    Going to take some looking. It was from a link I saw on here Ordered the Video and the book, "AWOL on the AT" was a combo order.

good book Anothe rgood book is, "Walkin' on the Happy Side of Misery"
    I am guessing you bought it on Amazon, they always do the combo stuff. There is a chance you bought a used copy from the site, and that the previous owner messed it up, then sold it through Amazon.

IMO,
    Kirby

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird62 View Post
    Appalachian Impressions is also a good video. I also agree that Trek is a very good video.
    =================

TREK is great and probably the first video about the AT I ever owned. I personally knew the hikers pictured in the video so that made it all the more special.

That said ...I'm kinda partial to Appalachain Expressions. It was shot in 2003 (the year I hiked the AT), I know the guy who shot the film personally AND (maybe more importantly) I'm actually IN the film !!

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    =================

I'm actually IN the film !!

'Slogger
    I watched it last night, awesome video!
    What part are you in? I'll go back and look.
    Maybe you look diffirent now?
    That was a rainy year!

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by John Klein View Post
    No problems with the DVD, I got it for Christmas and really enjoyed it, especially the music, so I wanted to ask you: are any of the tracks available on iTunes?

These are some of the artists and songs from the movie, you should check out some of their others songs as well, but these are the ones I found on Itunes:

Johnsmith: Appalachian Rain
    Christopher Jak: Hold on Tight
    Dean Fields: In and Out
    Libby Kirkpatrick: Goodnight Venus
    Good Brother Earl: Another Rainy Day

I think there were only 2-3 other songs maybe on Itunes but these were my favorites and the ones I bought. BTW, these are the way the artists spell their names, Johnsmith is one word. I also bought the whole album Traveler that Appalachian Rain was on, great folk album.

BTW: Lion King, my DVD is still going strong, I use it Appalachian Impressions and Southbounders in my World Geography classes that I teach! I need to get the PCT movie to give the kids a feel for what is out on the west coast. There is nothing like seeing the look on a bunch of inner city kids when they see this stuff, and then find out I go out and do much of it as well.
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

Thanks!

For real.
    Where do I buy a new copy? PM me with more info please!

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wrightsphoto View Post
    I watched it last night, awesome video!
    What part are you in? I'll go back and look.
    Maybe you look diffirent now?
    That was a rainy year!
    ===============================

Nah ...I don't look any different - - maybe older !! Check out the footage shot at Kincora hostel. I was the hiker with the clippers giving all the haircuts. It all started out pretty innocently. I had clippers in my bounce box and gave myself a buzz when I got to the hostel. Other hikers saw me and asked if I was willing to buzz a few more heads. Push came to shove and I ended up buzzing about a dozen hikers before it was all said and done - - including the signature AT down to the skin.

Ah ...my few seconds of fame !! (Thanks CC - Carolina Cruiser)

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    ===============================

Nah ...I don't look any different - - maybe older !! Check out the footage shot at Kincora hostel. I was the hiker with the clippers giving all the haircuts. It all started out pretty innocently. I had clippers in my bounce box and gave myself a buzz when I got to the hostel. Other hikers saw me and asked if I was willing to buzz a few more heads. Push came to shove and I ended up buzzing about a dozen hikers before it was all said and done - - including the signature AT down to the skin.

Ah ...my few seconds of fame !! (Thanks CC - Carolina Cruiser)

'Slogger
    you're in mine as well...the parade, and I am in Ap Impressions as well on Mt Washington

and Slogger, I was just outside of where you live a week ago.

Pawnee Buttes.

Does anyone know if Trailside (the old John Viehman pbs series) still has vhs/dvd's for sale? I'm interested in the thur hikers 2 part series. I checked on ebay, zero luck. The Trailside series was produced in the 1990's and it was watched by alot of hikers, it was always well produced and fun to watch. Of course, this series was made many years before the internet became the norm for information.
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I am guessing you bought it on Amazon, they always do the combo stuff. There is a chance you bought a used copy from the site, and that the previous owner messed it up, then sold it through Amazon.

IMO,
    Kirby
    Very well could be. I have a bad habit of throwing things out. My PayPal only says, "Internet Purch San Jose, CA"

Very well could be. I have a bad habit of throwing things out. My PayPal only says, "Internet Purch San Jose, CA"
    So you didn't buy it directly from LionKing. Thanks for making my point.

LionKings website points to Campmor not Amazon as the place to buy his DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

IMO,
    Kirby
    It was not Amazon. I found it it was:
    http://www.awolonthetrail.com/

I don’t know what makes you think you are so high and mighty. What have you done to help out a hiker?
    I am out there every time one contacts me for a ride. I go all the way to the NY/NJ line for them and ask for no payment or just gas money. A lot of times this means putting my job on the line because I do it between bus runs. I do trail MAGIC up here.

Your condescending childish attitude is uncalled for.

Images

No one's mentioned TrailMagic by the Lagunatic. It holds a special place for me because I was on the trail in 1990 when it was filmed. You can even sort of see me in one of the shots. Haven't watched it in a while - can't remember if you're in it, geek. Brings back lots of good memories.

I don’t know what makes you think you are so high and mighty. What have you done to help out a hiker?
    I am out there every time one contacts me for a ride. I go all the way to the NY/NJ line for them and ask for no payment or just gas money. A lot of times this means putting my job on the line because I do it between bus runs. I do trail MAGIC up here.

Your condescending childish attitude is uncalled for.
    keep up the good work.

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

I understand what you were getting at, but you are being a complete ass about it, and so your point gets lost in your attitude.

Also, and I do actually like you, but aren't you the same guy who before his thru-hike solicited for donations on his website to help pay for your hike?

The guy probably got a better deal or bought a package deal, what's wrong with saving a little money, or are we supposed to pay more because a "hiker" made it....no offense Lion King, but unless you are donating some of the proceeds to the trail or maitenance, then I don't see why someone shouldn't get the best deal they can, as long as it is a legal copy of the film and not a pirated version.
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++