WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I guess you guys didn't hear. My friend Ed found out that 3 Boy Scouts set the record back in 19 and 27 21 days it took em, but then again the trail was shorter. One must consider that they went northbound as well.

I mean really, shouldn't there be a northbound and southbound record? Whiteblaze vs Blueblaze? Same as supported vs unsupported.

Images

8.31 lbs of Vienna Sausages in 10 min. now that is impressive. I couldn't do that in 2 months.
    If you don't make waves, it means you ain't paddling

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mudhead View Post
    Because you asked someone with a tent to vacate, and wanted to read poetry to the rest of them.
    While smoking a cigarette and waiting for your freezer bag meal to cook in your cozy.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by envirodiver View Post
    While smoking a cigarette and waiting for your freezer bag meal to cook in your cozy.
    That you bummed.

While asking if anyone knew what time it was...

Well I'm tapped out. Woodsy must be stoking the stove. He has the magic touch. Gonna be vile doing cal in this weather. Damn wind. Two puffs of breeze, and it hurts. But that is cuz I dress funny...

Where's Woodsy? Might as well get the dog and pony show started!

Images

That you bummed.

While asking if anyone knew what time it was...

Well I'm tapped out. Woodsy must be stoking the stove. He has the magic touch. Gonna be vile doing cal in this weather. Damn wind. Two puffs of breeze, and it hurts. But that is cuz I dress funny...
    And asking if you could borrow their map or better yet have them tell you where you actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by dessertrat View Post
    It's safe if you do it before 7 a.m. I heard L.Wolf say that, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsy View Post
    That building looks alot more like Peirce Pond Lean-to than the pooch looks like you. I don't remember you being that pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake View Post

My training regiment has been tough. I'm trying to put some weight on before the hike so I'm on a strict diet of budweiser and burgers. This should help keep the weight on as I make my weigh down south.
    Drink Yuengling. Alot better than Bud and it'll make you add pounds too

New Statement to the press:

After hearing of team warraghiyagey's attempt to thru hike in 28 days, I will be adjusting my schedule to thru hike the AT in 27 1/2 days.

All media inquiries can be directed to my PR manager UCONNMike
    Sweet. Now that team Warraghiyagey is off the hook, I just want to say RITB that there once was a fellow that tried to hike the AT in 30 days, and well. . . we all know what happened to him.

But you go!!!!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by woodsy View Post
    I am glad that for a grand, you get a free nameplate! I didn't think they would give away a rig like that, but yikes!

You know you want to start a thread...

Press Release: January 25, 2008 - 1:24pm EST

Nyack, NY - Today is a great day in American exploration, in the same spirit that lead the Americans to conquer the moon before the Russians, Blake has adjusted his record breaking schedule to further separate himself from his long distance adversary Wild Cowboy. As he mentioned, the training will become more intense, the walk thru the mall will be moved up to completing one full length of the palisades mall, and then walking up and down every isle of the home depot that is adjoined to the mall. He will also add fresh buttery pretzels to his training diet, in order to compensate. His AT pace of 80 miles each day (and then on the final day he will hike the final 15 miles) in order to complete the trail in a blazing 27 1/2 days.

"Blake is a great athlete, he's regimented, dedicated...he is the model for which every other athlete is measured. Wild Cowboy doesnt stand a chance." - Sgt. Rock, shared these words with the media when he heard rumors about Blakes record attempt.

"Blake will beat Wild Cowboy in this time trail record, no if and or buts...and don't any of you question it." Lone Wolf in a rare meeting with reporters sharing his views on the story.

"This is the ultimate goal, it's like trying to do the C2C route and the Great Western Loop blindfolded and with one leg, it's that hard...I would never attempt something this huge. When he finishes he will have reached the pinnacle of the long distance hiking world" - Andrew Skurka, speaking to the press outside of the Golite headquarters in boulder Colorado.

We are confident that Blake will fulfill his dream of holding the World record for fastest thru hike of the appalachian trail. We hope that everybodys logs on to www.Maine2Georgia.com/recordattempt to view exclusive content on Blakes trip. Membership to access his excusive online blog is only $56.95 a month leading up ot the hike, and once he starts you can gain access to special "on the trail web chats" conducted via cell phone for an additional $28.95 per week.

Any questions about his Hike can be sent to UCONNMike care of Record Attempt at [email protected]

Thank You
    Last edited by UCONNMike; 01-25-2008 at 14:44.
    Maine2Georgia.com
    A Southbound Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEM View Post
    I will attempt to set a new world record in each of these categories:
    http://www.ifoce.com/records.php
    MMmmm...
    I think I just found my new trail menu...
    I particularly like the 7 quarter pound sticks of butter in 5 min. (at least it will go down smooth) great for a quick on the go pick me up!

Bigboots

Quote Originally Posted by bigboots View Post
    MMmmm...
    I particularly like the 7 quarter pound sticks of butter in 5 min. (at least it will go down smooth) great for a quick on the go pick me up!

Bigboots
    yeah but it comes with a side of clogged arteries and a nice fat heart attack.
    If you never try you've already failed ~ Me?? Somebody else??

Default slacker

29 days, why so long? are you doing a yo-yo.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Maybe you could summit Everest. . . in a thong.
    This is a photoshop waiting to be sold to the Enquirer.
    ::: Dino seen in gallery looking for a pic of RITBlake :::

Speed Record? Whats the point? Why not just fly over the whole AT from Ga. to Ma.at 35,000 feet? You'll see about the same from a 747's window as you would trying to set some kind of "speed" record on the AT. The AT was intended as an alternative from our industrialized, fast paced, mass consumer and overcrowed urban society. The AT was not created so some hyper guy can brag about some stupid speed record. You should read Walking With Spring, that will show anyone how to respect and love the AT. Ok, now I sound like some old, bitter guy, but really, try and love the AT, and not race from one whiteblaze to another, because we all get put in a box someday, so why not enjoy the journey?
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Quote Originally Posted by bigboots View Post
    MMmmm...

Bigboots
    Also great for speed attempts as it greases everything as it goes through the digestive tract. Really cuts the privy time down, which we all know is essential for this type of endeavor.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by double d View Post
    Speed Record? Whats the point? Why not just fly over the whole AT from Ga. to Ma.at 35,000 feet? You'll see about the same from a 747's window as you would trying to set some kind of "speed" record on the AT. The AT was intended as an alternative from our industrialized, fast paced, mass consumer and overcrowed urban society. The AT was not created so some hyper guy can brag about some stupid speed record. You should read Walking With Spring, that will show anyone how to respect and love the AT. Ok, now I sound like some old, bitter guy, but really, try and love the AT, and not race from one whiteblaze to another, because we all get put in a box someday, so why not enjoy the journey?
    C'MON....This is a serious thread...why all the negativity.
    HYOH or Run your own Run...either way it is a running path for those who seek fast paced fellowship with the wilderness. Plus....geez! it isn't like everybody can afford a regular thru or take that much time off from their regular slow paced lives. With the current Ultralight trend the new standard
    for a thru hike is now 2 1/2 months....Plus I recently heard that the AMC doesn't want anybody (who isn't a donating member) to remain within the Whites for more than 2 hours...."to reduce impact".

Images

Funny you mention that, I had considered swimming across the English Channel without using my arms and legs but I thought that would be a better Summer time challenge.

If you are serious about this attempt to swim across the English Channel without using your arms and legs, we will just call you "BOB".
    The mountains are calling and I must go.......

John Muir, September 3rd, 1873, letter to Sara Muir Galloway

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++