WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Training Update!!!

Well all getting closer to my goal...am upto 65 miles a day .... Training really isn't all that bad in the end when you look at it.... I am rarely at the house anymore which is good in a way...

Yesterday I walked from my place to the Base of the Mountains which is 8 miles exactly and it took me 1 1/2 hrs.... The last hill inorder to reach my goal is steap which is good for the workout....

Still working on packweight though...just can't get the thing lower than 25lbs...lol... oh well.. I guess I am where I should be in that area.... The nights in the desert here seem to be getting colder but that doesn't bother me..... just the other day I woke up to an inch of snow and laughed.... Snow in the high desert....oh well....lol... It took me just a bit longer to come out of the bag than I wanted....

GPS is not in yet the one they sent me wasn't the right one for what I need so they asked me to send it back as they reread my requirements and are sending out the one that will work out just fine...

Hey Cowboy, you still planning on starting 1 May 08?

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    Hey Cowboy, you still planning on starting 1 May 08?
    Yup still on track.... Gear is working out good here and I never felt better... My wife took my pack to work with her today to keep me home for the day so that I can rest....lol....

My dad is thrilled as heck about this... he thinks I am nuttz but he is going to meet me in The smokies with a video camera....I hope I remember to shave....lol...

Quote Originally Posted by wildcowboy238 View Post
    Yup still on track.... Gear is working out good here and I never felt better... My wife took my pack to work with her today to keep me home for the day so that I can rest....lol....

My dad is thrilled as heck about this... he thinks I am nuttz but he is going to meet me in The smokies with a video camera....I hope I remember to shave....lol...
    you won't make it to the smokys...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    you won't make it to the smokys...lol...
    lol...cute...I had no clue you wanted me to make it this bad..... TY for the words of encouragement

The Georgia section is the perfect training ground. Make that and you'll be on your way!
    Moses

As in "dessert" not "desert"

If you are leaving in May, I should see you in Shenandoah going past me like a fast breeze, sometime around the 14 or 15, I guess.

I'll be in Virginia somewhere, maybe I'll hike with you for awhile - "bout 5 seconds

Images

wild cowboy....just curious? could you give us a break down of yer' typical training day? something along the lines of hours walking/hiking, nutrition, hygiene, clothing worn etc. again, just very curious?

As in "dessert" not "desert"

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    I'll be in Virginia somewhere, maybe I'll hike with you for awhile - "bout 5 seconds
    Let's go out and meet Wild Cowboy together-- it'll be like Waiting for Godot.

I'm the man on the mountain, come on up.....
    Images

please do show your face in the form of a picture as we might not catch a glimpse with your ferociuos land speed

post up a pic so we know who we are looking for

please allow us to put a face with the determination

just remember to use the force

Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    classic

Quote Originally Posted by Freeleo View Post
    classic
    Thank you.

Well all getting closer to my goal...am upto 65 miles a day .... Training really isn't all that bad in the end when you look at it.... I am rarely at the house anymore which is good in a way...

Yesterday I walked from my place to the Base of the Mountains which is 8 miles exactly and it took me 1 1/2 hrs.... The last hill inorder to reach my goal is steap which is good for the workout....

Still working on packweight though...just can't get the thing lower than 25lbs...lol... oh well.. I guess I am where I should be in that area.... The nights in the desert here seem to be getting colder but that doesn't bother me..... just the other day I woke up to an inch of snow and laughed.... Snow in the high desert....oh well....lol... It took me just a bit longer to come out of the bag than I wanted....

GPS is not in yet the one they sent me wasn't the right one for what I need so they asked me to send it back as they reread my requirements and are sending out the one that will work out just fine...
    65 miles a day, is that a typo? at a 4 mph pace (which is pretty rough with A 25 lb pack) you are walking 16.5 hours to get that..

Images

Delusional. Sorry, but that's all that comes to mind.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Teddy Bear in a hammock HikerRanky's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Freeleo View Post
    please do show your face in the form of a picture as we might not catch a glimpse with your ferociuos land speed

post up a pic so we know who we are looking for

please allow us to put a face with the determination

just remember to use the force
    Better than a picture.... Video clip from KVOA

I for one would also be very interested in the training regimen.... I have always wanted to know how ultramarathoners have trained for events such as this.

Randy

Images

"walking in the mountains is nothin"

Should have walked up the mountain. That would be the workout you will be getting on the trail.

Hey, wait a minute. Something isn't jiving here.

I thought you were up to 65 miles per day. Yet, you went 8 miles yesterday? Are you thinking because you can walk 5+/- mph for an hour and a half that means you are up to 65 miles per day?
    Last edited by River Runner; 01-22-2008 at 16:22. Reason: clarity

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++