Images

Default MRE heaters and freezer bag cooking

Do you suppose these heaters are hot enough and heat long enuf to cook up some water for maybe ramon noodles? I was thinking of putting the freezer bag of water and noodles, and the heater in a cozy together. what do yall think?

Quote Originally Posted by ncmtns View Post
    Do you suppose these heaters are hot enough and heat long enuf to cook up some water for maybe ramon noodles? I was thinking of putting the freezer bag of water and noodles, and the heater in a cozy together. what do yall think?
    I doubt it, not enough BTU's there for that volume of water. I'll tell you the best alternative use for one I've found is to place a damp bandanna or washcloth (better) in a ziploc and place that in the heater and use it to clean up with.

You can actually soak ramen in cold water due to it being precooked/fried. If you don't mind cold it makes a great salad tossing the drained noodles with dressing and whatever else you have on hand.
    Trail Cooking/FBC, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
    Trail Cooking

I have been making ramen "noodles" lately, rather than "soup"... half the water and half the sodium- bomb. If ramen is your wish, maybe experiment with cold- soak, then drain. That might yield an appropriate mass to warm in a MRE- heater.

Images

Leave them at home, too much trash. Goes from being dehydrated to hydrated trash.
    nous défions

++ New Posts ++