WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Sgt Rock on Webslueths

Quote Originally Posted by Nearly Normal View Post
    I've been reading Stumpknocker's Journal and he seems to be taking his time and enjoying the hike. I hope I can do that well when I try it.
    Best of luck to Sgt. Rock.
    Hey all, just FYI some nitwit busybody over on Websleuths has gotten it into her silly head that Sgt Rock... is Gary Hilton's accomplice and is making repeated calls to sheriffs offices with those accusations.

Linky http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59843

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Boots View Post
    Hey all, just FYI some nitwit busybody over on Websleuths has gotten it into her silly head that Sgt Rock... is Gary Hilton's accomplice and is making repeated calls to sheriffs offices with those accusations.

Is that the correct link?
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    Is that the correct link?
    Sorry, no it is this one: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58387

It's titled "John and Irene Bryant-NC ( 1 2 3 4)), stated by SuzyQ

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Truly an idiot.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

El Sordo
    Images

good grief!

I wonder if crazylady's calls were the reason the sheriff stopped him back on the 14th? It's mentioned is his TJ here http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=214695

Images

I seriously doubt it. Most LEOs consider reports from websleuths to be unreliable at best. I am steamed they are sullying Rock's name. Rock was serving Uncle Sam in Iraq and Wisconsin when several of the murders in question happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    Truly an idiot.
    For anyone having trouble with my link, here is the first accusation she made:

"Anybody notice the photo and comments of Sgt Rock in sweetmop's link? I am seriously wondering if Hilton doesn't have some very creepy old pals out there.

The caption under the extremely weird Sgt Rock photo says: "A Cop career ain't healthy" Something is not right here. The Sgt Rock who is on trailjournals did not post all weekend. He is the guy who was planning to hike the entire Appalachain Trail beginning in the end of January, but suddenly decided to leave on Jan 4th from Georgia, the day Meredith was discovered. I think Hilton had accomplices."

Ignoring posts from people pointing out the absurdity of her claims, she next said this:

"I am glad that I have mentioned Sgt Rock to a detective in the Union County Sheriff's office twice in the past couple of weeks."

AND this:

"The 'real' Sgt Rock says he lives in Maryville, TN. The Asheville Citizen-Times records his ISP location as Kingsport,TN. 'Creepy' Sgt Rock claims to be posting from Lake James. 'Real' Sgt Rock claims to be posting from the AT. Which is it? Call the Union County Sheriff if you know."

Ha. Dixie, better warn Rock he might be getting a "visit."
    It will make a good trail story, anyways.
    Passing the hat for bail money...
    "The Ordinary Adventurer"
    http://www.FunFreedom.com

Images

They're out doing Rock's resupply in Cherokee.... I'm tempted to text them -- if I can quit laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    I seriously doubt it. Most LEOs consider reports from websleuths to be unreliable at best.
    I had a really negative experience on that site last year when there was an unsolved murder in my area. My experience was that the site is populated almost exclusively by catty, gossipy, busybody, middleaged women who have made the site pretty much their whole life.

When I was there last year, the biggest and most popular thread was the one defending the right of the obese to monopolize all of the "mobility scooters" at Walmart. It was quite telling that 99% of the regulars there angrily attacked the one person who said something to the effect of "those scooters are there for disabled folks, not people who are just too fat to walk around the store". Gave me a "visual" on who's on the other end of the keyboard, not a pretty thought. I also noticed that they are extremely clannish and catty to "outsiders".

YMMV, just commenting on my personal experience there.

p.s. Oh and they were NO help w/the case, just a bunch of middle-aged Nancy Drews with no clue. They did make a lot of crazy accusations though and when one fixates on a "supect" it's like a mob mentality with them all spending every waking hour trying to dig up dirt on people and flinging wild, unsubstantiated accusations.

Hey! Don't be cracking on middle-aged women, now!
    ;-)

Websleuths was combing Trailjournals for awhile, and had picked out poor Mala as a possible, since he hiked with a dog and hung out near the Trail. To their credit, someone sensible there quickly dismissed that idea with a couple photos (Mala in his rainbow long johns in the Damascus TD Parade, LOL) and said he looked like a harmless hippy-type. ;-)

Sounds like WB-er is over there anyway, injecting some realistic knowledge of the community.
    "The Ordinary Adventurer"
    http://www.FunFreedom.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jan LiteShoe View Post
    Hey! Don't be cracking on middle-aged women, now!
    ;-)
    Yer right, sorry. I just got this "icky" feeling there, that they all fancy themselves to be that, who is that, the plump older woman who is always solving crimes on TV, can't think of her name. Except that they are all 400 pounders who do nothing all day but sit there eating Ho-Hos and angrily banging away on their keyboards. Not meaning to imply that they all ARE like that, that was just the "visual" I came away with of the typical websleuther.

I feel for the men who will be on trail this season. With busy bodies seeing a Hilton behind every tree, there will be many good guys who will be treated badly. I cannot believe someone so ignorant would accuse SGT Rock of something without knowing the facts. Isn't that slander? Libel? My first reaction is, " HOw dare they!" Dixiecriter, Let me know if I can do anything to assist.

Well, I'm not so sure myself, you never can tell about those ex-military types, they aren't always what they say they are, the reason I say that is several ultra-reliable WB'ers have assured me that is the case

Images

she was right to call the sheriff, wrong, and irresponsible to blast it over the internet.

Images

It can't be ... Sgt. Rock is so short - he can't even steal candy from a baby.
    Sorry folks ... just couldn't resist.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jessebrent View Post
    she was right to call the sheriff, wrong, and irresponsible to blast it over the internet.
    Why was she "right" to call the sheriff? NO WHERE has it EVER been suggested that Hilton had "an accomplice". He was arrested almost a month ago and has been in jail every since. The only thing the cops are looking for now are bodies...not "accomplices"

So why is this twit calling the cops on thru-hikers now?

For anyone having trouble with my link, here is the first accusation she made:

"Anybody notice the photo and comments of Sgt Rock in sweetmop's link? I am seriously wondering if Hilton doesn't have some very creepy old pals out there.

The caption under the extremely weird Sgt Rock photo says: "A Cop career ain't healthy" Something is not right here. The Sgt Rock who is on trailjournals did not post all weekend. He is the guy who was planning to hike the entire Appalachain Trail beginning in the end of January, but suddenly decided to leave on Jan 4th from Georgia, the day Meredith was discovered. I think Hilton had accomplices."

Ignoring posts from people pointing out the absurdity of her claims, she next said this:

"I am glad that I have mentioned Sgt Rock to a detective in the Union County Sheriff's office twice in the past couple of weeks."

AND this:

"The 'real' Sgt Rock says he lives in Maryville, TN. The Asheville Citizen-Times records his ISP location as Kingsport,TN. 'Creepy' Sgt Rock claims to be posting from Lake James. 'Real' Sgt Rock claims to be posting from the AT. Which is it? Call the Union County Sheriff if you know."
    This is amazingly funny as long as it doesn't cause problems for Sgt. Rock.

I seriously doubt that any law enforcement people are bothering to investigate "leads" on accomplices.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++