WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Stir Fry

Default Portable Journals

Im trying to find a small eloctronic journal, that I can type my entrys into. My hand writing is realy bad and some times I do not know what i wrote two weeks later. I'v looked at 13 in lap top, and it may work. jusy wondering if there is any thing smaller.

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

Default Journal

I use PocketMail. They are out of stock for the units, but there are folks here on WB that are selling them cheap!

www.pocketmail.com

The weight is 8.2 oz. with batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by traftonm View Post
    Im trying to find a small eloctronic journal, that I can type my entrys into. My hand writing is realy bad and some times I do not know what i wrote two weeks later. I'v looked at 13 in lap top, and it may work. jusy wondering if there is any thing smaller.

Images

The device Stumpknocker is using for his Trailjournal. It has it all over the Blackberry. I forget what it's called...

I used a PocketMail in '06, but when I tried to reactivate the service last summer, I spent two weeks, multiple phone calls (on hold, then disconnected) and emails, trying to call PocketMail Customer Service. I never reached them. I have to say that I would not recommend dealing with them at this point.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Registered User hammock engineer's Avatar

I used the pocketmail with good results.

On my next hike I am going to use a cell phone like Stumpknocker. The new bluetooth cell phones also have Microsoft OS on them and can compose documents in Word or emails. Maybe then my spelling will be a little better.

You can also buy a portable bluetooth keyboard that weighs in at 2.5oz and takes AAA batteries. It is made on a cloth material and rolls up for storage. No more typing for 45 minutes with my thumbs.

That will take weight out since instead of carrying a pocketmail and cell phone, I will be carrying a cell phone and keyboard saving close to 6oz.

so what exactly is this device that Stumpknocker is carrying?

Images

Default Env 9900

Quote Originally Posted by J Rabbit View Post
    so what exactly is this device that Stumpknocker is carrying?
    It is the LG ENV 9900 by Verizon. You can pick one up for $59 on amazon now (including the $99 rebate) but you have to purchase the plan and that can get expensive. It really does look neat and combines the functions of a pocketmail, camera, cellphone, and even MP3.

I am looking at it and the similar AT&T TILT. The problem is I don't know how much I'd use it after my hike and it's pretty expensive monthly if I'm not using it.... also, even though the keyboard is lots better than a Blackberry, it's lots smaller than a pocketmail. That's both good and bad....

++ New Posts ++