WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This is the one I'll be using. There are others but this should give you a starting point.

http://www.appalachianpages.com/

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

The Appalachian Pages lists the cost for thru hikers at Elmer's in Hot Springs as 20 dollars, when it is actually 15 dollars. It also says lunch is ten dollars, but Elmer's does not offer lunch, dinner is 10 dollars.

Kirby

Images

Default Pawling NY

There is a new B&B in Pawling NY now open not sure of price I will try to find out and post. Also some books indicate that there is a grocery in town. this is not the case there is short term supply but the full grocery is now a few miles out of town. Feel free to contact me for help while in town. Glad to be of service.

also note that later in season for NoBo water at the Telephone Pioneer shelter is spotty. I was hauling jugs up from Aug on. will try to do the same this year.

Images

Ok I found the info on the new B&B in Pawling. Not really for the normal hiker. Seems to cater to the upscale based on the cheap room being $175. If you do want to check it out you can go to www.pawlinghouse.com

On a different note I was down near Graymoor Spiritual center in NY today and noticed that they are putting in a new connivence store not sure when it will open it is right at the main road crossing so you wont miss it.

Images

Im not shure if this has been posted yet but App. Pages does not show Wayah bald Shelter which is located at mile marker 118.6N depending on the book roughly 1 mile past Wayah Bald. P.S. watch out for the food bag police.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    . P.S. watch out for the food bag police.
    Excuse me, but your behavior was totally out of line in regards to your food bag. You were tenting and had your food bag hung in the shelter. You should have hung your food bag on the bear cables. or used your own rope to bear bag away from all human habitation including tents and shelter. then for you to go around badmouthing a hiker who tried to be very diplomatic about your food bag and was even willing to take care of it for you, is very poor form. you were the one who was inconsiderate of all the hikers in the shelter. you owe said hiker an apology.
    Trillium

The phone numbers for taxi services in Front Royal in the companion 08' guidebook are out of service.

Default Contact #

Contact phone number for trailangelmary is 717-834-4706. Any others listed anywhere are no longer used.

I've ridden amtrak 5 times within the last two months, to and from the trail for various reasons and not once did they check my bag. however, Grey Hound doesn't allow canisters. And I had to leave that behind.

In my experience (boarding Amtrak at University Ave, near Boston MA) -- no bag checking. I'm liking Amtrak, at least between Boston and NYC.

Hay Wolf, The Only Wander, or anyone else familiar with Damascus: Is Dot's Restaurant still open for business, and if so, what are their hours? In the last three or four trips through town I've never been able to find them open, the latest of which was around August 4 or 5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++