Hello fellow SOBO's

I've been planning to do about half of the AT this year starting from Katahdin in June and working my way south. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have a much stricter timeline than I originally though. I have somewhere between 5 and 7 weeks max now that I can spend.

Either way, I think I'm just going to try to get as far as I can while still enjoying the trail, and pick it up later.

Ive read through some of info available on AT Hiker Section Rates, but most of these arent written with SOBO in mind. As such, I'm curious to know if any SOBO's think this is reasonable:

Assuming 6 weeks give or take:
  • I'm assuming that I'll spend about 6/7 days hiking, with a 0-day once a week on average.
  • I'm planning on moving about 12 miles per day, given what I have read about the white mountains, etc.
  • Given the above info, I think I can make it to Hanover, VT in approx 6 weeks.
Do this seem reasonable given your experience SOBO or am I missing something. Do most SOBO's move faster or slower? More or less zero days?

I chose Hanover because I'd like to check out the Dartmouth campus and I've read that it has a good shuttle service to the nearest airports.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Brian