I just tried out my new Speer Hammock last weekend. Because I was out for only 1 night in mild weather I am not putting this in the Gear Review section. I own other hammocks. I sleep cold even in the summer and have been experimenting with different options so I ordered a Speer. The seperate 8x10 rainfly comes with lightweight tieouts already attached. This means you can throw it up in a hurry-tie it between 2 trees or treking poles and stake out the 4 corners. I call it the "instant carport" feature. There is plenty of room to cook, chill out or whatever. I got caught in the rain on saturday so I put the fly up and tied the hammock part low to the ground so I could sit in it and cook at the same time. The hammock part has thick straps attached-it is very easy to tie up. Because the bug mesh is attached by velcro it can be removed and this allows you to sit sideways in the hammock and use it like a chair. My friends decided to chill out under the carport to. To keep warm when sleeping I used a thermarest pad because it is warmer than a foam pad and it does not buckle up like a foam pad when placed in the hammock. I would carry a thermarest anyway in case I had to sleep on the ground. On Sunday the weather was beautiful. I tied the hammock up on the side of Blood Mtn and watched to clouds roll by for awhile. I call this the "lounge chair" feature. I really LOVE this hammock. It works with the way I backpack and camp. My hammock weighs 2lbs 4oz-including 4 DAC tent stakes I added. The quality is excellent. The customer service is excellent. I have 30 years of backpacking experience. I have led backpacking trips for years and I teach backpacking clinics. I highly reccommend this product if you are thinking about buying a hammock.