WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Two in a hammock?

Has anyone tried sleeping two in a hammock? How did it work out? What was the problem if it didn't work out?

Yellow Jacket
    Images

I saw two folks laying together in a HH (not sure which model) at Trail Days 2003. Must have been in there for over an hour. I'm sure it is possible, but you better like being smashed up against either other all night long. What about when it is 85F and 80% humidity at 11pm? Every wiggle and movement of the other would be felt as well.

Maybe taking 2 hammocks with a very large fly would be a better option. With 3 trees you could have your heads near each other so you could talk in a wisper, but not annoy each other with every movement. I also think someone made-up some sort of strut system which allows you to hang 2 hammocks from the same two trees. Both hammocks are "in lock step" with each other so you'd still feel some of the other's movements, but at least you wouldn't stick together on hot nights.
    Yellow Jacket -- Words of Wisdom (tm) go here.

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

Default 2 in a hammock...

Quote Originally Posted by JEB
    Has anyone tried sleeping two in a hammock? How did it work out? What was the problem if it didn't work out?
    Henessey makes one that is big enough for two lighter hikers. I think it was the safari model I think it held 250 to 300 lbs. My hubby and I tried it ONCE. Love is great but at the end of the day I NEED/WANT a good nights sleep. Rolling around together in a heap just wasn't my cup of tea.

We did do the du hammock thing where we tied up our heads to the same tree so we could talk and see each other.

Sue/HH
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

++ New Posts ++