WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    I read some where that chocolate milk is now the perferred recovery drink for professional cyclists. A lot of good stuff in it.
    I'm not normally a milk-drinker, but partway through my hike, I started buying and chugging a bottle of Nestle's chocolate milk. A month or so later I started buying and chugging TWO bottles of milk.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Images

Default And good for you!

Everyone knows Guiness is good for you! Full of Vitamin B. Beer first - always - and then a cheeseburger and fries. And more beer. 2nd (and last) night Helen we ate at the steakhouse by the bridge - huge platter of fried oysters, baked potato and salad. And lots of red wine. Amazing.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Bar-b-que and about 6 six beers.

ICE CREAM always.

There's a new Glaceau Vitamin Water on the market, it's cranberry/grapefruit with glucosamine. It's also really good. If available, it'll be my first town drink this year. Otherwise, for pure sugar rush, nothing sems to beat Hawaiian Punch or Mountain Dew.

Merry Hikester

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    There's a new Glaceau Vitamin Water on the market, it's cranberry/grapefruit with glucosamine. It's also really good. If available, it'll be my first town drink this year. Otherwise, for pure sugar rush, nothing sems to beat Hawaiian Punch or Mountain Dew.
    Glaceau Vitamin Water?????? How does that mix with JD?
    Disclaimer: I didn't mean that......I realy love you all.

Beats me, pal. I don't drink JD.

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Beats me, pal. I don't drink JD.
    ========================

I do ...but I still don't know what it is or if it would mix well !!

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

On a training trip to the Ozark mountains last year, we had been on the trail 4 days when we crossed paths with a group of people on horseback. They were eating lunch when we saw them, and had an assortment of goodies: cokes, beer, little debbie cakes, oatmeal cream pies, burgers they were grilling, you name it, they had it. (I guess when it is the horse carrying the wieght, you can afford the luxuries.) Anyway, we stopped and chatted for a while, and I think they got nervous because of the way we were eyeing their food. Needless to say, they didn't feel obligated to share. I thought about oatmeal cream pies for the next two days until we got out off the trail. At the first service station we passed on our way home, guess what we stopped and bought? Oatmeal cream pies and little debbies never tasted so good!

Journal Entries
    Images

The first restaurant I come to. If no restaurants, I will buy what tickles my fancy in the store. Usually I can't hold out for long.
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Quote Originally Posted by tina.anderson View Post
    I would have said a nice burger a few months ago but with all of this stuff that's been coming out about how unsafe our beef is becoming, I will switch my answer to pizza.
    Durn cows have been tryin' to pack it out again haven't they?

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33116

Quote Originally Posted by splash1986 View Post
    On a training trip to the Ozark mountains last year, we had been on the trail 4 days when we crossed paths with a group of people on horseback. They were eating lunch when we saw them, and had an assortment of goodies: cokes, beer, little debbie cakes, oatmeal cream pies, burgers they were grilling, you name it, they had it. (I guess when it is the horse carrying the wieght, you can afford the luxuries.) Anyway, we stopped and chatted for a while, and I think they got nervous because of the way we were eyeing their food. Needless to say, they didn't feel obligated to share. I thought about oatmeal cream pies for the next two days until we got out off the trail. At the first service station we passed on our way home, guess what we stopped and bought? Oatmeal cream pies and little debbies never tasted so good!
    didn't thru hike. but did stay out long enough to crave a chili cheese dog with stinky onions Oatmeal Cream Pies are where it's at! Found Moon Pies at a shelter i stopped at for lunch one day. Not normally a favorite but it was super yummy and broke up the maceroni monotony.
    and you thought that i had run away, chasing a trail of smoke and reason....

Images

Coming down the hill to Pearisburg there is a DQ. The have the LARGEST dipped cone I have ever seen (or eaten).
    Turtle2

Half a gallon of orange juice, four New York-style éclairs, four blueberry muffins, a big bag of Lays barbecued potato chips, a ham and cheese deli sandwich, a foil packet of tuna.

ice cream,pizza,cold drink,cheese burger & fries.....not necessarily in that order.

nestle quick chocalate milk 1 to 2 quarts every chance i can.

Images

Chocolate milk and grocery store birthday cake.

Last edited by Johnny Thunder; 02-19-2008 at 16:24.

Seems like there R a whole lot of sugar crashing drunken hungry carnivores coming into a trail town near U!!! Oh, I meant Thru-Hikers. I think I've just come up with an idea to pay off my mortgage - sell ice cream cones, pizza, beer, and soda near an AT trailhead during the hiking season.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++