WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

that's funny right there

Images

There was the guy who rubbed his bare a** on the plaque.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flush2wice View Post
    I saw midgets fighting on Springer a couple years ago. It was crazy- here's a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Wm4DXkcj0
    OMG...ROFLMAO...I just got choked on my bagel.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Merry Hikester

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlehead View Post
    I was with a group of hikers sitting at the plaque one time when a hiker (with a big pack by the way) came up to us and asked if we knew were the Appalacian Trail might be.

Someone pointed out where the last blue blaze was, then the plaque and then the first white blaze. He thanked us and was about to move on when someone asked if he was going to hike to Maine. He said he hoped so and then someone said: "Try to remember that you got lost at the very first blaze"
    Bahahahahahahahaha
    Disclaimer: I didn't mean that......I realy love you all.

AT Thru hiker in planning! 2011 BABY bjj4287's Avatar

Midget Fight!!!!!

Not on Springer but at Hawk Mountain shelter I ran into a couple on Memorial Day weekend who have to be legends in the 2007 season ... uhh that is if they lasted past Neels or even Woody Gap.
    I came across them around 11 a.m. with a big ass bonfire going. I informed them of the fire ban. "ohh really"
    The guy was about 50, the girl, MAYBE, and I do mean maybe 18.
    He was pissed because she forgot something at the last shelter and he had to go back for it.
    Ohh yea he also carried a big Rambo knife so he could hunt along the way. They were fully intent to head to Maine. I don't think they carried much for food. But they did carry a BIG bottle of wiskey.
    Quite a site.
    I think it is easy money to say they were a 30-mile statistic.

Images

Not Springer but Black Gap Shelter. Here is an excerpt from my journal;

On about sunset a group of hikers wandered up to the turnoff for the shelter. One of the women came into the shelter asking about a bathroom. When told the shelter did not have a privy she asked what she was to do. I replied find a nice tree. She gasped and turned around and headed out picking up her pack and heading back down the trail never to be seen again.
    A Fact Of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says;

W T F...............

KB3SYZ
    -.- -... ...-- ... -.-- --..

http://shakeyleggs.wordpress.com/

may your tracks be long quicktoez's Avatar
    Images

When I came to the Springer parking lot March 07 I met Lone Wolf who was standing next to a hand cart with a few boxes of food. I originally thought LW the great White Blazer he was, was handing out supplies. On my first night out from Springer I meet a 07 hiker who was given the name Kitchen Sink. Not only had he been the hiker who abandon the hand truck but had left a trail of items from smokes, an axe and more food to a 10x20 tarp. You would think this would end the story but no, in Neel’s Gap he decided he did not need his BB gun. I was present when a worker pulled the gun from the hiker box at the gap with only a small look of puzzlement on his face. This is all true and Dogebag and Copperhead (2 07 thru hikers) were at the gap that day. Kitchen Sink and his escapades became a story I hear over and over with many embellishments but I swear to the gods of Kitahdin this is the true story.

The journey is the destination eventidecu's Avatar
    Images

Lone Wolf caught practicing magic again? "
    Lone Wolf the Magician" Abra Da Crapa!!

For his next trick he turns into the Va chapter Leki rep!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by quicktoez View Post
    When I came to the Springer parking lot March 07 I met Lone Wolf who was standing next to a hand cart with a few boxes of food. I originally thought LW the great White Blazer he was, was handing out supplies. On my first night out from Springer I meet a 07 hiker who was given the name Kitchen Sink. Not only had he been the hiker who abandon the hand truck but had left a trail of items from smokes, an axe and more food to a 10x20 tarp. You would think this would end the story but no, in Neel’s Gap he decided he did not need his BB gun. I was present when a worker pulled the gun from the hiker box at the gap with only a small look of puzzlement on his face. This is all true and Dogebag and Copperhead (2 07 thru hikers) were at the gap that day. Kitchen Sink and his escapades became a story I hear over and over with many embellishments but I swear to the gods of Kitahdin this is the true story.

So,does anybody out there know how far he made it?

Quote Originally Posted by quicktoez View Post
    a 07 hiker who was given the name Kitchen Sink. Not only had he been the hiker who abandon the hand truck but had left a trail of items from smokes, an axe and more food to a 10x20 tarp.
    there were 2 similar guys on the trail last week. they were carrying an axe, a hatchet, camp stools, etc. they couldn't wait to get to Neels to send stuff home. one of them had turned his ankle and was slowly laboring up trail with a gimpy ankle and a humongous pack. the other had 'Maine or Bust' shaved into the sides of his head. lol
    Trillium

Images

Any 1 remember the dude that got dropped off with a WAGON full off food. Trying to stop drinking had A WAGON full of food<: 1 heck of a charecter..

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Trillium View Post
    there were 2 similar guys on the trail last week. they were carrying an axe, a hatchet, camp stools, etc. they couldn't wait to get to Neels to send stuff home. one of them had turned his ankle and was slowly laboring up trail with a gimpy ankle and a humongous pack. the other had 'Maine or Bust' shaved into the sides of his head. lol
    Thats too funny. Glad to see you made it back.

Images

2007 year of through HIKE not done yet

Images

Its TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by gungho View Post
    So,does anybody out there know how far he made it?

Images

Red face

Make it much farther than I did lol I had a stupid pack weight.I had 25pnds of food.. Ask any 1 that hiked with me SPAM A CAN ATHON.. Got smart Fast or got SLOW REAL FAST.. Total body weight 160 pdas Base weight on back an ruck sack 200 An GA hurt got smart Quik... Needed the WAGON

met a guy on top of springer carrying his sleeping bag and tarp in both arms because "they were too big to fit in the pack." he had been rained on and was afraid he was going to freeze to death in his sleep. the ridge-runner told him to go down to the road and hopefully someone would be there, but he said his legs were "cramping". I left him on top of springer...

same day, down at the next shelter, i approached and was immediately asked if i had a spare pair of pants. not a hello or anything, jsut a request for pants. the downpour that day had gotten many victims. it turns out a group of dayhikers had inadequate rain gear and everyhting they had was soaked. HOWEVER, they enjoyed the cans of dinty-moore stew they cooked over a fire of live saplings that night that they had chopped down with their two axes. gotta love day-hikers...

Quote Originally Posted by bjj4287 View Post
    Midget Fight!!!!!
    Was either one SGT Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Flush2wice View Post
    I saw midgets fighting on Springer a couple years ago. It was crazy- here's a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Wm4DXkcj0

hahah that's gold man

Images

Default 6 books

Yup the guy, a Michigan guy, had 6 hard cover books, survival fishing gear, big knives, plural. All army gear, cause "they make the best". The books were seized by Many Sleeps at Springer to be mailed home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++