WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: New Pack

Default New Pack

I have been looking for the right pack for awhile, and i would like some feedback on what anyone thinks about Granite Gear packs and a Gregory z55. I am not satisfied wiht my current pack(getting old).If anyone has any info on these two, and how they would perform in a thru-hike it would be helpful.

For what purpose? If you've got your base weight down to the low/mid teens, a Vapor Trail should do nicely. The GG Nimbus Ozone will give more support for a heavier load. 600+ miles now with my Nimbus Ozone, no problems. I'll use the Vapor Trail for weekend jaunts and day hikes.

Thx, i was thinking the vapor trail might be a little to small for a thru,, eventhough it has been done. The ozone looked like it would withstand a lot more and pick up more miles than the vapor.How many pockets does the ozone have?

Quote Originally Posted by Icehiker12 View Post
    Thx, i was thinking the vapor trail might be a little to small for a thru,, eventhough it has been done. The ozone looked like it would withstand a lot more and pick up more miles than the vapor.How many pockets does the ozone have?
    It has two simple mesh pockets outside, one on either side. Not large, but you can put your daytime snacks & maps in one, a water bottle in the other. Externally, the VT and NO look almost identical. The NO has a bit more volume. The main difference is the frame sheet in the NO, which is quite a bit more substantial than the one in the VT.

++ New Posts ++