WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Images

I'll hike with just about anyone here. The question is, would they want to hike with me? They'd have to put up with how slow I am, and with my regular hiking partners.

Images

Jane reminded me, I left out a very important person that I want to hike with again... FROSTY!!!!
    Last edited by Cuffs; 02-20-2008 at 14:26. Reason: spelling
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Ponderer will do.--Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

sheepdog! He seem really awsome . . .

Images

I am always up for a good hike. There are to many WBer's to name,don't want to leave anybody out..

Let's stop talking about it and start planning it.... Once you have picked your partners where would you want to hike???

Images

Quote Originally Posted by alaska moose View Post
    sheepdog! He seem really awsome . . .
    I will probably be doing a picture rocks hike with my sons this year. Maybe you can go along.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

In a word, Dawn Treader (ok two words)(THE El Duderino -"Tapawingo!!). The stars certainly seem aligned for a southward bound hike on the AT this year with DTread.
    Also folks I may get to hike a few miles with this year, Woodsy (the man, the legend) Shades of Gray and ATTroll if they have a spare day or two in June, Dino and Wolf (hopefully) as we enter the southern AT.

Folks I'd like to hike with (Bear in mind I've never actually met any of these or the above other than DTread and Woodsy),
    Bear Paw
    Wrongway08
    Camojack
    EWS
    Envirodiver
    Cuffs
    Starlyte + Kev
    Amazonwoman
    Lilred
    Tater
    BJack
    Pete the Weasel (a fellow Mobster) - trail name: smokey
    AFrame - Twix
    Ryan207 - Hot Pursuit
    Dixi and
    Rock - who I'll be crossing paths with somewhere in NH I imagine
    And many others here at WB for sure.

Also all the Mobsters:
    Brit
    True Grit
    Shanghai
    Buddha
    Supernova (also a WBer)

and for sure - Tom Lavardi

Mobsters on the trail again SOBO8!!!

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gungho View Post
    Let's stop talking about it and start planning it.... Once you have picked your partners where would you want to hike???
    I have been wanting to do the Springer to Neel's Gap section for a while now. Doc and I are going to try and do that one soon. We've got maps and the guidebook for the section on order now. Hopefully, get can knock that out some time in March or so. Yes, I know it's going to be crowded. We want to have the entire Springer to Standing Indian section knocked out by the fall and then start going from there.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

There's so many I can think of that I'm too afraid to start listing for fear I'll leave someone off the list and hurt someone's feelings. Let's just say I'm probably one of the slowest hikers on WB so I wouldn't be much of a challenge for any of y'all, but I'd be willing to give it a go.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dixicritter View Post
    .......Let's just say I'm probably one of the slowest hikers on WB.......
    I dunno about that.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Let's just say I'm probably one of the slowest hikers on WB so I wouldn't be much of a challenge for any of y'all, but I'd be willing to give it a go.
    ====================================

You have kidney stones too Dixie ??

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post
    I returned it to its rightful owner, He gave me 3 dollars, one for every tooth he had. Remember? I gave little honey buns a piece of bread and he tried to bury it for later....Awwww Huney buns. Then we carried it 6 miles into pearisburg. Can't wait to hike with ya again someday Hitman.

Oh yeah, I want to hike with Wonder we spent some time hanging ou last year at trail daze and Hardcore she rocks.
    i know you returned it, my statement was for the fact of whether or not it was the right thing to do. considering the owner of the animal.
    He who dies with the most toys, still dies.

Images

I'll be starting in Catawba on May 25th. Anyone want to tag along, you're more than welcome.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

There's so many I can think of that I'm too afraid to start listing for fear I'll leave someone off the list and hurt someone's feelings.
    I actually put my foot on the AT first hiking with Warren Doyle. I'd do it again, too. I'd like to hike with Baltimore Jack, too, but definitely not at the same time. That would be really weird and I'm a peacemaker!

I loved hiking with Hopeful Hiker, Yappy, and everyone else from 2005. But like Dixie, I'm not making a list, cause I'd hurt someone's feelings.

Shoot, I'd hike with anybody here and consider it a compliment. We have our differences but one thing binds us together....the Trail. Hike on!

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I actually put my foot on the AT first hiking with Warren Doyle. I'd do it again, too. I'd like to hike with Baltimore Jack, too, but definitely not at the same time. That would be really weird and I'm a peacemaker!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2be6jGwLoJ0
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by rcli4 View Post
    I hiked the Long Trail with Jan Liteshoe and she wrote a damned book about it.
    Clyde
    A dirty job, but somebody had to do it...
    "The Ordinary Adventurer"
    http://www.FunFreedom.com

Professional Delivery Boy Emeritus Belew's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    wee willie the prince of whales too
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
    Belew, Pirate, Lone Wolf, Gypsy, and CaseyB........we wouldn't get very far or get there very fast......but it would be a blast!!!!!! We've gotta put that together.......
    I think it will be more of a party than a hike and you know we have to finish it at the D.I. Maybe we can do this before the official start of traildaze.
    Last edited by Belew; 02-20-2008 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by gsingjane View Post
    I think I would enjoy hiking with Weary or Frosty. From reading their posts, I feel we have somewhat similar sensibilities towards the trail, and I think I would learn a lot. Jester2000's posts always make me laugh and so I think he would, too. I have seen posts from Wolf23000 from time to time and think, again, I'd learn a lot, but I highly doubt I could keep up with him.

Jane in CT
    Hey neighbor, maybe our paths will cross one of these days and we can compare notes on some of these characters.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++