WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Nashville Whiteblazers

I will be arriving in Nashville approximately at 9:15 pm next Wednesday evening on Greyhound. I have a layover until 12:45 am. I sure would like to meet any of you who live in the Nashville area and I would like to see Lilred again.........

Images

You want to grab a bite of dinner or a cup of coffee somewhere nearby?

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

I'm in for that, maybe take TOW to legendary Tootsies or Wildhorse....
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

I can probably make it
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Images

Well, when ya'll pick a place I will probably come. I'll meet TOW in my home town, then in a couple months I will be sure to say hi to him in his when I hike through.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lilred View Post
    My wife, myself, and some friends were in Nashville back last fall for the UGA vs Vandy football game. The wife of my buddy left her purse at the motel and daggum Wildhorse wouldn't let her in. You could look at her and tell she was WELL over 21. She didn't want to drink either. But they refused to let her in.

I honestly wasn't too impressed with the whole trip. The Vandy fans were HORRIBLE hosts. I am sure none of our FINE whiteblaze Nashvillians would act like they did.

Images

TN passed a stupid law that everyone must have ID, to buy alchohol regardless of age or how old they look. I'm 52 and get carded buying beer.

That's probably what it was about.

I'm sure the UGA fans are always lovey dovey with the visiting teams fans.
    If you don't make waves, it means you ain't paddling

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by envirodiver View Post
    TN passed a stupid law that everyone must have ID, to buy alchohol regardless of age or how old they look. I'm 52 and get carded buying beer.

That's probably what it was about.

I'm sure the UGA fans are always lovey dovey with the visiting teams fans.
    I can't speak for everybody in Athens, but almost every weekend at our large tailgate we invite folks from the visiting team over to eat and/or drink with us. Let's see, this past year we had quite a few fans over every Saturday to eat with us. I'd say for 6 home games we fed 30 or 35 visitors to Athens.

We stayed at that Holiday Inn right in front of the Stadium and some Vandy fans were there tailgating and were very very ugly to all the UGA fans there. At $279 a night plus tax, they should have been happy with all the money we were pumping into their city. But my encounters with all of them were horrible. And we attend one away game every year. This was by far my worst experience thus far. I have been to Lexington, Columbia, Oxford, and Jacksonville and have never been talked to the way I was in Nashville.

But like I said, I am certain none of the nice folks from WhiteBlaze were represented there.

Images

Sorry it was such a bad experience for you. I assure you that all Vandy fans are not so bad. Bad experiences can happen at any SEC game. I had bad experiences in several SEC city's too, but it was just a few and there were always nice people at those places as well. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole barrel for you. BTW that's a nice touch to invite visiting fans to your tailgate. It's easier to be nice when you kick their a** in the game a bit later...LOL.

I apologize for those folks. I'm more surprised that the rates at The Vanderbilt Holiday Inn were that high, man that hotel isn't that nice.

Journal Entries
    Images

Yeah, they aren't that high normally. They were just ripping us because I guess they think us UGA folks are loaded since our athletic department raises more money than any other SEC school. I saw this guy give the school a 10 million dollar check at half time this year.

I guess Holiday Inn figured they'd rip us!! But it sure was convenient. Park Friday and the hotel takes you all over town and you walk (well stumble) over to the stadium. we are UGA fans ya know. We know how to party.

Images

Yup got some friends that are UGA fans. LSU fans can get it done too.

Images

Question

Well, two obvious problems come to mind. Tootsies is SO LOUD, don't count on any conversation at all. I went once and never went back. Wildhorse has a cover charge, unless they've changed, plus I'm not sure how late they are open on a weeknight. I've taken youth groups there for the line dancing.

Anyway, let's see what kind of place or "activity" TOW has in mind, and go from there.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

OK sounds good. I was just throwing out ideas anyhow. A small, quiet coffee house would be fine too. I'm not into cover charges or loudness anyhow.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

anywhere is fine as long as it isn't the bus station esp that time of night
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Images

I'd like to meet you folks also and help extend some Nashville hospitality to TOW. I work until 9:30 so the timing is pretty good.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    You want to grab a bite of dinner or a cup of coffee somewhere nearby?
    Sure, I'll only have a couple of hours.........
    RainMan

as long as it's a place where we can visit......

Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I can probably make it
    i hope you can

Quote Originally Posted by cerberus45acp View Post
    Well, when ya'll pick a place I will probably come. I'll meet TOW in my home town, then in a couple months I will be sure to say hi to him in his when I hike through.
    don't worry, you will be thoroughly entertained a my place........

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Well, two obvious problems come to mind. Tootsies is SO LOUD, don't count on any conversation at all. I went once and never went back. Wildhorse has a cover charge, unless they've changed, plus I'm not sure how late they are open on a weeknight. I've taken youth groups there for the line dancing.

Anyway, let's see what kind of place or "activity" TOW has in mind, and go from there.

RainMan

I just want to hang out with all you folks for a little while, I'm low maintenance. Whatever is simple is good enough for me...........

I haven't been to 2nd Ave in years, but I'm thinking Buffalo Billiards used to be big enough that we should be able to get tables and talk. I may have to do a trial run.

Let me know if someone makes a command decision.

Teddy Bear in a hammock HikerRanky's Avatar
    Images

Since I work downtown at 330 Commerce, I've frequented most of the eateries.... You have Big River which has a bar and restaurant.... Then there is Joe's Crab Shack on the south side of Broadway and 2nd...

BB King's is less busy than the Wildhorse, and I don't believe they have a cover charge at night... unless a name band is playing.

The Spaghetti Factory is open and is very quiet usually....

Gotta run to a meeting

Ranky

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    anywhere is fine as long as it isn't the bus station esp that time of night
    That's my thoughts too. Actually I was thinking we need to go rescue him for the layover time so he isn't in that area for 3 1/2 hours.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cerberus45acp View Post
    That's my thoughts too. Actually I was thinking we need to go rescue him for the layover time so he isn't in that area for 3 1/2 hours.
    That's a given!!!

We need to get one person to pick him up at the bus station, and the rest of us meet at some spot. This group is starting to get big. I like the idea of the Spaghetti Factory. Nice atmosphere and cheap, good food. Gotta check the hours though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++