WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Anyone from Portland OR

Hello my o7 friends,

I've decided to move to Portland OR. I'm going solo; at least for the first few months. I was just wondering if it was possible to make some instant friends. (LOL with the same interest "hiking")

Pm me if your interested:::::
    "LOVED OR HATED, BUT NEVER IGNORED"

Images

I'm headed out there in 2 weeks for a little visit. There are practically dozens of long-distance hikers in PDX, so I think you'll find yourself very much at home. Many have done the PCT, others the AT, and some even the CDT. I know quite a few of these people and most are young, a lot of fun and always looking for new people to meet.

PM me and I'll give you my friends email if you want, she's seems to be a great social/hiker networker out there.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

You missed the Northwest RUCK by a few weeks, but there were about 30 present. It was a happy, interesting crowd. Lucky you.--Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Hi,

I have lived in both Asheville and Portland, so I can answer some questions that you may have. I moved to both areas not knowing anyone, and found that it was relatively easy to make friends.

Jason

Thru hike Done, working on a section hike. stickat04's Avatar
    Images

Default Portland

I hope to be moving to Portland at the end of the year.

Registered User hammock engineer's Avatar

I'm looking at jobs in the area. Hopefully I find one and move out.

My boyfriend and I moved to Portland from Michigan about 5 months ago. We packed the car and drove out and have been finding our niche ever since; more or less what you're undertaking!

Anyway, I'm Bucket, thru-hiked '07 like you. My boyfriend did all but the first 600 miles (he's Water). Is skyhiker your trail name? Don't know if I ever met you...
    2007 AT Thru - Trailname: Bucket!

any folks actually in Portland now?

I can't imagine living back in Michigan, what the bleep would I do with my weekends? walk along a brown stream or a corn field?? Only thing is, this sets up my expectations so that anywhere geographically void is off limits for living long term - including much of my home state!

Laugh until it hurts, then laugh at that :) adventurousmtnlvr's Avatar
    Images

Not 'from' there but I snow skied there many times and also car camped a lot. I moved to Seattle alone so it's no big deal at all. That part of the country are all 'laid' back in my opinion and easy going ... really nice people similar to this part of the country just a different accent? LOL ... What I recall or 'think' I recalled "when" I was there about 10 years ago was, at that time, there was NO self service gas stations ... the whole State had the people that come to the car (don't know if that still happens though) lol. You'll LOVE it. Just a bit more rain but the countryside is GORGEOUS!!!! and the mountains incredible as well! Safe travels and it you get lonely you know where to find us online until you find your new group there

++ New Posts ++