WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    There's got to be a way to interject Brittany Spears into this thread. Give me a minute....
    'Oops, he did it again. . .'

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    GET A LAWYER NOW!
    dude, are you related to the weasel?
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Images

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    dude, are you related to the weasel?
    Rumor has it Weasel is looking into doing some pro-bono work for the Mattski, under the condition that LW apologizes for his sins and Jack visits SoCal for a Macallen.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

The journey is the destination eventidecu's Avatar
    Images

OK I haven't read the last few pages because I can't stomach it anymore. He is full of BS. Why anyone would post a thread like this to start with is stupid. He's just whining about how he owes all this money looking for attention. "Poor little me, should I go and get my buddy to give me 200k? Pity Pity" So what. Dude we don't care that your daddy "commands 7 figures" for his art, if so you would be talking to him instead of us unless you've tapped that out already too. Or that you have a friend that will drop 200k on you. Sounds like your either bragging or just nuts. To the others all playing their fiddles for him, 1) although he states his credit score is 800 ( bragging ) or better because he always pays his bills? Apparently NOT! This wouldn't be an issue 2) He didn't pay his taxes for 6 years! You do that ON PURPOSE! But then says he doesn't want to negotiate the amount down because it's "his debt" and wants to be responsible for it because he owes it. ( wants a "pat" on the back ) 3) He says he follows the law to the letter, he didn't pay his taxes for 6 years on purpose! 4) He made 53k last year mopping up dangerous materials and apparently does so SO recklessly that he said he has illnesses that he doesn't want to know about, HUH? Thats just STUPID! (feel sorry for me) Like LW said most of his threads are BS and this is one of them. He's an idiot stumbling around in his own little "pity me" world looking for attention. Dude grow up, your a middle aged man ridding a bike, intentionally breaking the law by not paying your taxes. Bragging that you have a buddy that could bail you out of your own bad decision to buck the man and not pay your taxes, aka BILLS. What did you expect? If you make 50k a year killing yourself, (Which would be hard to do by todays safty standards, unless you don't follow them), by the way another stellar "decision", You should be able to live on that and puch your art. And if not,, I'm sure it's due to more poor decisions. (See a trend here?) Why would you admit screwing your life up this bad much less host your own "pity party" about it. Don't buy it for a minute. You can't be that stupid. Your just self promoting having a pity party so people will fill sorry for you and seek out an buy your art so you can quit your job or simply just in desperate need for attention looking to see who will take up for you, or both. Best of luck to you and I mean it but this crap doesn't make sense. If your buddy will give you the money then I say take it, he's a good guy and it's his decision to spend it on you not mine nor none of my biz. But the longer this thread goe's makes you look like an even bigger loser.

Well now! I sure am glad that all of you decided to weigh in on this one. Your opinions have been noted and/or ignored and/or argued upon at great length. Hope all have had fun. It's been real for me, I'll tell you that much.

Let's iron some things out...

First and foremost: No one is without fault. I realized this when I noticed that more than one of Matthewski's greater critics had admitted to dealing with finanical issues and debt in the past and how they had been bailed out by others. Other people shared stories of how they'd pulled themselves out of financial quagmire by their own hard work and perseverance. WOOT WOOT! Milk and cookies all around!

So back to the faults...Matthewski clearly has no mind for money. I mean this seriously, the dude looks at money in hand (or in pocket/bank account/etc) as sin. This isn't a joke. Everyone who has been on the receiving end of his "magic" over the past year knows (or at least knows now) that such giving came at great risk. But, still he thinks nothing of this. The guy lives like a friggin' monk in the city so that he can go drop thousands on the trail every season. And boy does he ever spread it around! The word "selfless" comes to mind. To list the litany of good deeds he has accomplished in our past year of friendship would be a disservice to the giving.

As Wonder said "He's an angel on earth"

Continuing on the faults...giving he is. Self-censoring he is not. That said, when Matthewski posted to this forum I believe that he was posting to his friends. Not to a bunch of hyper-sensitive whiners. I mean we're all guilty of viewing the world through our own skew but, whoa, have these attacks been mean-spirited. I know this is a public forum...and he should too; however, these people that have gone to bat for this guy, most of whom are respected individuals here, those are the folks he was reaching out to when sharing this private information.

So, the rest of you can all lob **** at the guy. Or offer friendly advice. Maybe a well wish or two. It doesn't matter.

Because in the end, this isn't worth arguing. We all view this situation through our own tinted lens. Those who slung profanity and hatred should think about what it was that motivated them to do so.

i filed all six years on the same day two years ago. its why i quit hiking in parisburg va and came home. to settel my debt. and the reason i filed is cause i want to be honest. and the reason i never filed up till then is cause it was the first time i ever worked on the books for so much and i thaught i could pay later with penaltys and taxes. yes . stupidly thaught without looking into what such a foolish move would do to me. and my motovation was gambeling. gambeling that my art was about to take off. yes. a stupid unfounded decision. the art world dosnt work like that and i know it. i wait for it. it dosnt wait for me. my art is ahead of its time. i dont know by how much. i gambled it was right around the corner. my art is worth money. its not like you think. that art is worth what people pay for it. sorry. i know differently and ive allways known i would have no trouble with money. and even now. i dont call this a life threatening problem. i play the end game. im not concerned with the here and now. nor are both my feet in this world. im following someone who told me to be dead to this world. i will pay my taxes like everyone else . asking a friend for this is reletive. relitive to wealth. relative to freindship. their is never any risk to giving. giving away my last breath to save a stranger is my highest goal. all is paid back a hundred fold . and takers pay double that.times infinity.
    matthewski

soooooo,...ive added bags to keep my feet warm . if i go.

yeah,...i didnt think yall wanted to talk hiking and hope. its all too upseting? me in debt planning a hike and borrowing money for tax? all while eating bacon and butter on grilled cheese with peanut butter and butter? yes.breath everyone. knowing me is going to upset alot of folks. some of you may wanna back out now. when my art sells is my favorite prefix! psyckyboo!
    matthewski

Don't let 'em get you down Matt.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

duplicat post
    matthewski

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Just in case no one has hugged you today
    ::: Dino curls loving tail around Matt and gives him some serious snuggles :::

Johnny, you are right, especially when it comes to the mind of mattski and how some people just wont ever get him.

But it certainly wont do Mattski any harm to hear what these people have to say...maybe some of the better criticisms will penetrate his invulnerability to reality and stick in his head.

That being said, I hope he never changes because that invulnerability is what makes him quixotically beautiful. People often don't realize that not every member of society should play the same role. It sounds simplistic but not every person is your standard worker bee. There are different mechanisms of social exchange that modern society may frown upon, but when examined are completely valid. Society needs it's shamans and artists and villiage idiots as well as it's drones and every variation in between. Being automatically judgemental and refusing to recognize that we lack full understanding of such a situation is called jumping to conclusions, and if jump to such conclusions you may have to swim back.

One think about matty that many of you may not realize, is the semi-child jesus-crazy persona you percieve and don't really get...it's really him, he's utterly sincere, it's not an act. Take note, the understandable negativity in this thread comes from people who don't know him personally. To a person, the folks who do know him personally are more postive about the topic of this thread. Furthermore, someone who knows him personally feels so strongly about him that they would give him 200k to fix his life up! What do think that means? Obviously that person feels differently...you can draw whatever conclusions you want, but don't assume you know everything from your first read of this thread, person, and situation.

i had all my buttons removed . i simply have no buttons to push. but if you play with fire around me,...that button i never got removed. the surgens said it was too risky. that my fire button had woven itself around my nebula. or spine thinggy . whatever. it still goes off once in a while when a kid swings his seigg bottle in my direction with flames . then you might say i have one button. and its pushed. then get away from anything liquid. cause even if theirs no liquid to get awaty from,..run. cause ill try to bleed you into the fire to put it out. if you run, ill bleed myself .see? see how things work when your the next thruhiking piccosso? now you do! good day to you sirs.
    matthewski

[quote=mweinstone;549625]i filed all six years on the same day two years ago. its why i quit hiking in parisburg va and came home. to settel my debt.

My experience led me to believe that you had filed all six years at once, as that is when you typically hear folks screaming about the amount of tax as well as the associated penalties and interest compounding on top of the principal.

It's good and it's bad that you have the ability to service this tax debt; bad in the sense that you may have to fork over the whole amount of the debt if the service sees that they can bill you for the penalties because of your ability to pay.

When negotiating with them re: the penalties, it's never a good idea to discuss in a public forum such as this the potential value of your artwork...acts as a disincentive for them to give you a break, assuming you deserve one .

Hopefully the agent assigned to your acct. (assuming it's not already in collections) doesn't know about WB.

Images

This thread reminds me of one of my all-time favorite lines by Anthony Hopkins in "Legends of the Fall": "Screw the government!"

Best of luck, Matty!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

i will now close this thread useing my connections .
    matthewski

You got Matthewski.... poof closed.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
++ New Posts ++