WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jason of the Woods View Post
    Whoa there Tough Guy. Easy. The guy is 46 and decided to post something like that on a public forum. What was he expecting? I unfortunately can't run to my friends when I need 200,000 so I don't have a lot of sympathy. It's just not realistic. As far as his work goes I'm sure that it is good, maybe even great. Like I said before my other half's work is great and shows constantly but it does not pay our bills. I did look for his work before I posted but it is not posted in his photos. C'mon Man!

Besides the fact
    Matthewski's Art

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    D'ja check out the prices? Wonder how many he sells...

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

This thread hit the gutter fast, I personally think this would actually be a civil conversation if we removed the name calling.

Jesh.

By the way, nice art.

Kirby

Is tough guy name calling? I am merely defending myself against aggresive name calling.?

So I saw his work and honestly it's not my thing. It may be someone's thing but it's not mine. Of course I am not the biggest fan of abstract work in general. I think that it is overdone and overrated. I'll quit on that subject. One of the greatest things about art though is everyone sees it differently. I wish Matt nothing but the best with this. I hope that all of his hopes and dreams do come true. At the same time I do hope that he realizes what "hopes and dreams" are. It just worries me to see someone in such shape at such an age and "seem" to be clueless about it.....

I guess back-handed well-wishes are still well-wishes.

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

OUCH...That'll leave a mark!

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post

Touche. I do admire your diligence my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

I gotta go with Wolf that maybe this is a BS thread....I had a failed business a few years back....over 100K in debt, I have paid off about half of it to date....I have a hard time believing with that amount of debt that his credit rating has stayed above 800, after all debt to income ratio drops your credit rating like a rock...of course if most is owed to the gov't, then maybe as that is debt seen differently.

As for asking your friend for money...if you got the cajones, go for it. For me turning thirty made me make the decision not to ask my parents for money anymore...but as the saying goes..."Different Strokes for Different Folks".

Just be prepared to have the person say no or possibly be offended...lending money to friends just like renting property to friends rarely ends well.
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

Quote Originally Posted by Jason of the Woods View Post
    Touche. I do admire your diligence my friend.
    And I admire you not taking offense.

i have never had a boss. i have owned and operated my own painting buisness , licenced and insured since i was 18 i have worked since i was able. i have made every cent i ever had. i have never borrowed. my friend **** who owns insurence and helps countrys like russia insure their potato crop, asked me a year ago if he couldnt just write me a check and put me to work or help me in any way. we are close and i concider him to be a friend for life. money cannot affect our relationship evr. i love him and his family. number two. i remove aspestose and lead for a living since i was 15. i have so many cancers i dont want to know. i can fight them and have with macrobiotics and hiking and god. i will live a long life and could handle this debt just fine and am doing so. my 1099 this year is 53 k thats 9 k up from last year and the most i ever made. the reason i made that much is because im stressed and trying to pay a debt too fast. thats my nature. i have never been late on a payment of any type. i have a perfect credit score because i went to the irs. they dont make deals when you owe over 25 k. the state dosnt make deals and the city dosnt take credit cards. we have a buissness privelage tax in philly that adds 6% to independent contracters. it is currently 41 cents on the dollar to be a contractor with no deductions. i have no vehical. i buy no supplys. and i cannot deduct my son. i work until i cant lift my bike up the steps and sleep. i toss and turn. so im asking for help.i still love each and every one of you presious hiker trash. kirby you have gained the respect of the whole site and jack!
    matthewski

Images

If your friend is willing to loan you money and let you pay him back then go ahead, and feel lucky that you have such a friend. Just don't let it happen to you again in the future...that would be a betrayal of your friend...and yourself!

Good Luck!
    Walking Dead Bear

If you borrow $200k to pay off 200K then before you even spend it you owe $400k.
    Once you use the borrowed $200k to pay off the original debt of 200k, you are still $200k in debt; albeit to someone else, possibly at a lower interest rate (if any, assuming your friend is lending it N$A.)

IMHO, I think this thread has had less bashing than others who bare their dreams or schemes. Compared to, say, the "Cowboy" guy or I think there was another I recall with someone trying to raise money for something(?) that got a beating.

How about a group hug, and maybe some alternative (to borrowing) advice or ideas for Mr. Mski. I hope this all works out for you!
    ad astra per aspera

If your asking for opinions, I'll give you mine and wish you the best of luck and peace of mind.

I owe money for my home and the education I received and am, when it's all said and done, going to end up paying back more than I originally borrowed because of interest. If you can borrow that money interest and penalty free, then I say go for it....BUT...don't take advantage of your friend or the opportunity. Borrow the money to pay off the debt and work extra hours or advertise your art a few new places to finance your backpacking trip. I suggest moving somewhere that doesn't have that extra tax for contractors, and as you earn money set aside what you're going to owe in taxes as well as the money you'll owe your friend. Also, I heard someone once say to "live within your means"... Perhaps that'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    If you borrow $200k to pay off 200K then before you even spend it you owe $400k.
    "Not sure I agree with your (math) work there Lou. If you borrow 220K to pay off just over 100K then you still have just under 100K in hand and only owe 200K.
    K?

Images

Look, personally I wouldn't ask people here on WB for "personal" financial advice, at least not in public forums. Look, you gotta do, what you gotta do, and hopefully it works out for you.

Your friends are gonna defend you

Those who have walked a difficult road are gonna give you a hard time for taking an easy way out.

Then the rest of us, are just gonna wish you the best and hope whatever your decision it works out for you.

'Nuff Said on the topic!
    Walking Dead Bear

I couldn't have said it better myself. Awesome. Where is Ft. Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    If your asking for opinions, I'll give you mine and wish you the best of luck and peace of mind.

I owe money for my home and the education I received and am, when it's all said and done, going to end up paying back more than I originally borrowed because of interest. If you can borrow that money interest and penalty free, then I say go for it....BUT...don't take advantage of your friend or the opportunity. Borrow the money to pay off the debt and work extra hours or advertise your art a few new places to finance your backpacking trip. I suggest moving somewhere that doesn't have that extra tax for contractors, and as you earn money set aside what you're going to owe in taxes as well as the money you'll owe your friend. Also, I heard someone once say to "live within your means"... Perhaps that'll help.

P.S. I am going to the woods tommorrow so you must continue this without me. I wish you all the best of luck!!

Basically Cincinnati...right across the river from it.

Good luck and have fun in the woods!!

Did you just not pay your taxes, matty? Like, for a long time? 'Cuz if $53K is your largest annual take, as a business, since age 18, then I have to wonder how you've accrued a $70K debt to the IRS.

I'm also wondering why you feel a need to share these fascinating but barely credible personal details with the world. Which begs the question of why I give a sh.it. Oh, never mind. Carry on.

You Give a sh@* for the same reason as me. It's sad to here things like this, assuming that it's true, and know that people really think and act this way. I applaud Matty for making it this far(well sort of).

Quote Originally Posted by _terrapin_ View Post
    Did you just not pay your taxes, matty? Like, for a long time? 'Cuz if $53K is your largest annual take, as a business, since age 18, then I have to wonder how you've accrued a $70K debt to the IRS.

I'm also wondering why you feel a need to share these fascinating but barely credible personal details with the world. Which begs the question of why I give a sh.it. Oh, never mind. Carry on.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++