WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Images

Good Luck Matty. I hope you get the money. I think you deserve it.

And I hope you get to thru-hike this year. I think you REALLY deserve that too.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by Jason of the Woods View Post
    You Give a sh@* for the same reason as me. It's sad to here things like this, assuming that it's true, and know that people really think and act this way. I applaud Matty for making it this far(well sort of).
    Well, mostly I think matty's financial difficulties (and his well-heeled friends) are none of my business, but since he started a thread about them (and they're well known on WB) I couldn't resist. It's like driving past a grisly car accident, or picking a scab. I should get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by _terrapin_ View Post
    Did you just not pay your taxes, matty? Like, for a long time? 'Cuz if $53K is your largest annual take, as a business, since age 18, then I have to wonder how you've accrued a $70K debt to the IRS.

I'm also wondering why you feel a need to share these fascinating but barely credible personal details with the world. Which begs the question of why I give a sh.it. Oh, never mind. Carry on.
    you're a bleeding heart. give the boy money. it's how you believe

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    Good Luck Matty. I hope you get the money. I think you deserve it.

And I hope you get to thru-hike this year. I think you REALLY deserve that too.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Panzer

Deserve? Nobody deserves anything, you either earn what you get, or luck into it. BTW, luck can either be good or bad.

If he had bad luck and his friends want to help him, then he is "lucky" to have such friends. If he was financially foolish, then he earned where he is at today, but is still lucky that his friend is willing to help him. I wish I had a friend willing to float me a loan when my business died during a big deal. I took a big risk and it fell apart on me...stuff happens, you deal with it and moves on, our failures and ability to overcome is what makes us strong and interesting people!

Unlike some others I won't play the jealousy game as I think those who have been brutal ,perhaps wish they had a rich friend to helpt them as well.

As stated before, Matty, you are lucky to have such loyal friends, and as long as you have learned from this situation, you are already in a better place.
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    you're a bleeding heart. give the boy money. it's how you believe
    Actually, I did write a slew of small checks this afternoon to various environmental and lobbying outfits. ATC, NRDC, Rails-to-Trails, NPCA, SPLC, LCV, Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Wilderness Society, Nature Conservancy, yadda yadda.

Actually, I did write a slew of small checks this afternoon to various environmental and lobbying outfits. ATC, NRDC, Rails-to-Trails, NPCA, SPLC, LCV, Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Wilderness Society, Nature Conservancy, yadda yadda.
    a fool and his money....

Matty, I wish you the best of luck always. I hope that your friend does not come through with this deal. And I wish that you are discovered as the amazing artist that you are tomorrow and I hope that your works can sell for millions a piece. I know you are talented and your art is fantastic, I just hope others realize this soon so that you can feel the benefits. Too many artists are only discovered after their death, and I hope you are not one. I honestly want to see you get your fortune and do all the thing you dream of, including the seven piles, which I still need to hear about four of.

I do not know how you got in so much debt, and I do not care, you are an amazing person and deserve better and I would give you the $200,000 if I had it to give. I wish you the best of luck and wish all these folks would do the same.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Almost There View Post
    Deserve? Nobody deserves anything, ...
    Really, nobody deserves anything???

Panzer

Panzer
    Yeah, that is a bit of a tough blanket statement to back up.

I hear strains of Janis Joplin's Mercedes Benz. Good night, campers.

No joke... sleep tight... I was just curious to see how long it was going to take for this thread to get deleted or moved...lasted longer than I thought. Best of luck to you all on your debt paying capabilities and, most importantly, your backpacking fundings!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    No joke... sleep tight... I was just curious to see how long it was going to take for this thread to get deleted or moved...lasted longer than I thought. Best of luck to you all on your debt paying capabilities and, most importantly, your backpacking fundings!!
    Well said.
    Good thread from a good soul.

Images

CLAP..CLAP...CLap...clap.....clap.......clap...... ..........clap.....................clap yadda yadda yadda.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Images

Panzer

Really! Osama Bin Laden doesn't "deserve" death. By his actions....he has earned death! Call it the rightful consequences of his actions!

Matty doesn't deserve a boatload of money, but perhaps it is part luck and part earned as he was a good friend that may get him the money....but deserved...tell me why he deserves the money, because you like him?

He seems a decent dude to me, but all the same....call it karma if you want.
    Walking Dead Bear

And the award for All Time and Most Aggregious Analogy Ever award goes to . . . .

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    And the award for All Time and Most Aggregious Analogy Ever award goes to . . . .
    Egregious is an "E" word. Just sayin'...
    (Beeyotch! )

Images

i gotta agree there, even though Almost There has it about right.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Quote Originally Posted by camojack View Post
    Egregious is an "E" word. Just sayin'...
    (Beeyotch! )
    Says the guy with the Hollywood Tan (via the Big Island)
    OUCH!!

Overheard from Camo at Billeville Warmer:

"OK. Who sewed my sleeping bag together."

Quote Originally Posted by ed bell View Post
    i gotta agree there, even though Almost There has it about right.
    Yeah - it's a good example of the message being destroyed during delivery.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post

Get over it...do you even really know what Egregious means?

Egregious-"conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible"

This would only be the case if you "actually" think that I was comparing Matty to Osama, which I'm not, but if you thought that then you need to lay off the peace pipe.

It was an over the top analogy to drive home the point that many would say Osama deserves death...and I see it as he has earned death by his actions.

What happens to us we earn or sometimes get lucky(karma).

Heaven forbid I use Bin Laden in an analogy. C'mon guys, gimme a break!

Matty perhaps has made some bad choices with some bad luck that has gotten him where he is now-earned. Luck can also play a factor...but his actions and luck as a friend have led him perhaps to receiving help from a friend...being a good friend earned him this opportunity...and a little good luck!

And yes I can say this as I still have about 60K to pay-off from risky business choices, sometimes bad things happen to good people, we deal.

Matty, I ain't preachin' to you, I understand krap happens, you deal how you feel best.

Walking Dead Bear

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++