WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default First Anniversary

Celebrating today the one year anniversary of our hike - March 5, 2007. Hard to believe a year has gone by already. I did a short commemorative hike - a circuit hike of nine miles including part of the AT in SNP this AM and just got back a bit ago. Beautiful out but windy, just as I remember last year's weather. I also got in touch with a few hikers that started around the time we did. Great memories.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

WWW/Pennauwelwndam Gohkos / Donating Member
    Images

Doesn't it make you wish you were out there again? Everyday that I am out hiking I get this urge to just keep on going and not look back. Oh, I guess that will have to wait until retirement. I still have two more to put through college yet.
    OWL

I still get "Springer fever" every spring, even though I only hiked as far as Bly Gap.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

I feel you all on this one! Our 1 year date is coming up and I am jonzing to get out and do some hiking. I just think how exciting it will be for this years class!

I'm heading out on monday to either do the georgia section or go north from gatlinburg for a week...One year ago March 24th, GA-ME began..miss it a lot...hope to see some of you out there.
    -Moosehead

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Celebrating today the one year anniversary of our hike - March 5, 2007. Hard to believe a year has gone by already. I did a short commemorative hike - a circuit hike of nine miles including part of the AT in SNP this AM and just got back a bit ago. Beautiful out but windy, just as I remember last year's weather. I also got in touch with a few hikers that started around the time we did. Great memories.
    I meant to post Wednesday when I 1st saw your thread. Glad to hear of your anniversary hike and your reconnecting with some of your hiking buds.

Happy Anniversary to ME! Oh yeah, all the others who started march 11th as well!!
    "The best way to spend your life is to build something that will outlast it."

Default March 12 Anniversary

Happy anniversary to me and other March 12 starters. Wish I could celebrate with a hike but, alas, I returned to the Real World after the hike. Best wishes,
    Persistent

The Local Johnny Reb
    Images

Just noticed it was posted on my birthday! Wish I could of been with yall for it!

Thumbs up Congrats!

and Saaaaaaalute On a (past) job very well done
    Cherokee Bill ..... previously known as "billyboy"

Images

Happy Anniversity for all of those who started on March 17, 2007.
    Pootz 07

++ New Posts ++