WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default ride to springer

will pay exspenses if your able to get me to springer on march 31st. leaving from philadelphia. i live within one minute drive of 95 or 76.
    matthewski

Default Hi, Matthewski...

Coming to Trail Days this year? See anything unusual in the mail today or yesterday?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    will pay exspenses if your able to get me to springer on march 31st. leaving from philadelphia. i live within one minute drive of 95 or 76.
    Matty if you get in the area of Franklin a few days before come to the April Hiker Fool Bash.If you stop by the Philly market and ask one of those produce haulers I bet you could score a ride easy.There is Kennesaw Drivers out of Atlanta there daily.

Plans coming together? Awesome! Best wishes on your hike. or should that be ... bestist wishies unto ure hikey? (sorry, my keyboard doesn't work as well as yours.)

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Hiking??????

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
    Hiking??????
    pack sniffin' most likely

Images

Hey pack sniffer....let me think about it....you know I love road trips... just the excuse I need too....

Good luck man. I know you have been looking forward to this. Ill see ya out there. Ill be a few days behind ya. See ya soon if not at Traildays.

starlyte, im looking to go cheap with someone allready going down who just needs help with exspensis. stonewall wants to go as do you. but i feel i must first exsplore the cheap stranger for gas money option . before i fully cave to the wonderfull friends hiking me up springer idea. also, i would prefer to go with you only to spend time with you. me and stonewall see each other alot and live nearby. so its you babe unless i cant swing the cost of sending you home.(i may have offered too much by a hunet) fingers crossed. apartment boxed. walls patched. job with garnishable paycheck secured and waiting on return. rent arangement made with lang the lanlord to pay two months now and two when i can on return. deal cut with new boss to return at pa just for some few weeks of apartment rehabing and then off to maine to catch up with johnney. yes ms i got it. it hangs in the trash closet of our building and lends to that otherwise plane yet clean room, a place to pause and reflect on your hike. marsha and i agree, we hate the poem and love that its from you. its all i got to be honest. i know you are my friend regardless of poetic loves.
    matthewski

this will be my fifth trip in planning, my fourth step off on springer if i do. my third passing of neels if i do. my second passing of perisburg va if i do . and my first non smokeing hike. it has ben since march 3rd at 1 pm when i had my last ciggerett. and it will be zeroless to a high degree as i have not but food money and that must be suplemented by hikerbox corp food stuffs unfourtunatly. i will have to eat cheap , walk fast and not party. its all good. all my stupidness should flee from my dumbass and yall might get a glimps of nonbob ed matty.
    matthewski

Im in the same boat, eat cheap and stay out of towns.

and bring your broken gear . no need to worry about the rainpants that caught fire at pa ruck filming drivebys blower. the three foot tape patch that is the left leg now,...can hold till the first fully loaded pack i find abandoned on the approch trail aprill first with nothing but its water bottle and wallet gone,...supplys new. and it will be around the first or second days walk ill find everything else i need to replace. by the first full moon i will have gathered hikerbox food and mailed it ahead like the rat i can be and was trained as a child to become. and with rat like proficency, i will yogi all the heavyest best canned goods from broken hikers along the way pedeling their hell loads of beans and jeans! and by erwin,...ill have miss janets warm smile and huggs to feed my soul. and at trail angel marys ill get shofered to the stores of my dreams and feast on doyal delights!oh,..i think we both are gonna eat alot of good food those others carry for us!lol!
    matthewski

kicking around ideas for the next adventure 1Pint's Avatar
    Images

Go Matty Go!!! It was a pleasure hanging out with you at the Winter Warmer. I hope you have the best time out there and make it as far as is right for you.

Best wishes Matt!

Laura/1Pint
    "It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life." Train

I left philly Feb, 25 on AMTRAK to Gainesville, GA for $130 and was picked up by Leigh at the Hiker's Hostel, put up for the night and dropped off at the trail all for $63. Good luck on your journey.

ahh the amtrack sleeper car. bin their, done piss smelly bed with too short to unfetal. so have i door to doored with starlyte before. its wonderfull. she knows the best intenet. buys high calibre coffie. and speeds with the truckers as sheilds. she weaves. she bobs. she arrives first and all for a song. asong of love in the yukon. between ms and a certian brand of beef jerky. ahh, but thats another story, storys of cutelfish snacks and a ms sunset. ahhh. confused? billville comming to a trail near you. kirby? is that you son? you taken care your mamma kirby? like i told you? kirby?
    matthewski

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Smile

this will be my fifth trip in planning, my fourth step off on springer if i do. my third passing of neels if i do. my second passing of perisburg va if i do . and my first non smokeing hike. it has ben since march 3rd at 1 pm when i had my last ciggerett. and it will be zeroless to a high degree as i have not but food money and that must be suplemented by hikerbox corp food stuffs unfourtunatly. i will have to eat cheap , walk fast and not party. its all good. all my stupidness should flee from my dumbass and yall might get a glimps of nonbob ed matty.
    I hope it all works out for you, my brother. If it's meant to be, then it shall be. Good luck!!!

Images

he's cut his hair, quit partying and quit smoking. He must be serious about this thru-hiking thing..

Panzer
    good luck matty

Journal Entries
    Images

Matty, you will be staying here upon your arrival will you not?

Default Matthewski, my friend...

yes ms i got it. it hangs in the trash closet of our building and lends to that otherwise plane yet clean room, a place to pause and reflect on your hike. marsha and i agree, we hate the poem and love that its from you. its all i got to be honest. i know you are my friend regardless of poetic loves.
    That is one of the most sophisticated things I've read on WB. Thank you for your honesty, and for your friendship.

and simply the least sophistocated post? and i quote," 1 in 25". no larry i wont be staying at casa de wanderer while in damascus. i will have been by nessesety, eaten by wolves. and shreaded by vultures and laughed at by hikers. and finaly bleached by the sun, my bones will crumble and blow as dust into town at sundown three nights pre trail days. you may house my dust as you wish but you know i prefer the floor in the living room next to the couch. so me and you can chat quietly while smelly hikers snore rudely nearby. and if you miss me, you can put my ashes in a pan with a dash of salt and just a pinch of bacon and set me in the oven covered at 325,..... ill reconstitute all nice like with a gift in my pack for you called ham.
    matthewski

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++