Thread: Florida Trail

Default Florida Trail

I am fairly new to hiking. I haven't done any hiking except for day hikes. Ever since my brother did 5 days on the Appalachian Trail last year it is all I can think about. I am going to try and do some of the Appalachian Trail this summer, but I want to test out my new gear on Florida Trail. I am going to do a long weekend in 2 weeks. I live in Tampa, FL and want to pick it up as close to my house as possible. I was thinking of either hiking section "27/28 Citrus & Croom" and going North, or "29/30 Richloam-Green Swamp West & Green Swamp East" and going South. Has anyone hiked either of these sections before? Any suggestions on which one to do?

Images

H...
    I tell ya....what I would do is go onto the FTA site and read up. They are awesome.
    |.............| Put this on your
    |... *..*....| profile if you have
    |....\o/.....| ever walked into a
    |.....|......| Patio Door that was
    |..../.\.....| CLOSED!!!!!!
    |.............|

aka Mokay
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hwussah14 View Post
    I was thinking of either hiking section "27/28 Citrus & Croom" and going North, or "29/30 Richloam-Green Swamp West & Green Swamp East" and going South. Has anyone hiked either of these sections before? Any suggestions on which one to do?
    They are both pretty decent hiking. The advantage of Croom would be that you can do one of the loops and end up back at your own vehicle.
    HUGS - J

++ New Posts ++