WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default A-Hole Hikers in Hiawassee

From another list....

Just got off the fone with my good buddy Sundown. He and Fireman are at
    the Holiday Inn Express in Hiawassee. He tells me that as of last week,
    there will be no hiker discounts at the Inn because of the actions of
    several groups of hikers starting out this season. Thought I'd heads-up
    anyone who might want to know that....

Apparently some bad things happened to some of the laundry equipment
    (are there washers/dryers there?) AND...some folks were smoking pot in a room. Which they said wasn't so bad...but, they did it in a non-smoking room. I say it's bad either way. You can't wait a freakin' day to get back in the woods? Inconsiderate jerks that others are and will continue to pay the price for. Oh, and the woman also said something about there seeming to be a lot of clueless, middle-aged guys yogi'n laundry.

Just a matter of time

I thought staying at the Holiday Inn Express was supposed to make you smart.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    From another list....

(are there washers/dryers there?) AND...some folks were smoking pot in a room. Which they said wasn't so bad...but, they did it in a non-smoking room. I say it's bad either way. You can't wait a freakin' day to get back in the woods? Inconsiderate jerks that others are and will continue to pay the price for. Oh, and the woman also said something about there seeming to be a lot of clueless, middle-aged guys yogi'n laundry.

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on staying there and probably still will. There's always someone out there that likes to ruin it for everyone else.

I hate that for anywhere along the trail. These places are trying to help us out by giving a discount to us. That is a true shame that some people don't get that and abuse they're kindness.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Roots hope you can soomth things over for others please. Thanks.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Robin View Post
    Roots hope you can soomth things over for others please. Thanks.
    We'll see. It will all work out. Cloud 9 will probably be more packed than normal now.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

It would behoove those of us who are not irresponsible hikers to go into Damage Repair Mode with regard to the Holiday Inn Express in Hiawasee. Since they opened, they have been nothing but decent to hikers AFAIK. Maybe they can come to see that most of us are good folks, once again. But it will take a special effort by us.

As far as the hiker discount goes, the financial benefit wouldn't be a major deciding point for me anyway, except it does kinda say "Hikers Welcome."

Images

Those kind enought to give a hiker discount should do so upon check out so if they choose to not act in a responsible manner they can pay full price and those that appriciate their kindness are not punished.
    WalkingStick"75"

I'm the man on the mountain, come on up.....
    Images

maybe the said hikers will catch wind of this and try to make things better by contacting and apologizing..

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Freeleo View Post
    maybe the said hikers will catch wind of this and try to make things better by contacting and apologizing..

If they don't, quickly, IMHO it would be appropriate to notify service providers further north—if anyone knows with 100% certainty legal names/trail names/have photos of the culprits. If I was a hostel, motel, or shuttle operator in Franklin, Fontana, Davenport, Hot Springs, Erwin, Dennis Cove, Damascus, etc. this is information I'd be able to use about now.

Perhaps it would help build a new bridge with the folks at the HIE/Hiawassee if someone in the area asked them for some of this information (they may know a name or two, anyway), and volunteered to spread the word. It would show that the rest of us care, and they'd get a little payback by helping too.

Well just remember the Port Clinton incident last year I doubt that will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Freeleo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    From another list....

typical behavior nowadays on the trail

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    If they don't, quickly, IMHO it would be appropriate to notify service providers further north—if anyone knows with 100% certainty legal names/trail names/have photos of the culprits. If I was a hostel, motel, or shuttle operator in Franklin, Fontana, Davenport, Hot Springs, Erwin, Dennis Cove, Damascus, etc. this is information I'd be able to use about now.

Perhaps it would help build a new bridge with the folks at the HIE/Hiawassee if someone in the area asked them for some of this information (they may know a name or two, anyway), and volunteered to spread the word. It would show that the rest of us care, and they'd get a little payback by helping too.

Skyline,

I sure hope you never mess up. Round up the Internet Posse, y'all!

Johnny

Actually, I'm wrong. These hikers should be rounded up and sterilized. Sorry for jumping the gun.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunder View Post
    Actually, I'm wrong. These hikers should be rounded up and sterilized. Sorry for jumping the gun.

Nah. They just need to be refused accommodations a couple places up the Trail, and be told precisely why.

I've just spoken with the Narcotics Units of a few local Police Departments near the trail and informed them to be on the lookout for men with backpacks, possibly moving in a pedestrian fashion. .

Section by Section
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunder View Post
    I've just spoken with the Narcotics Units of a few local Police Departments near the trail and informed them to be on the lookout for men with backpacks, possibly moving in a pedestrian fashion. .
    They should make quite a few busts.
    Midway Sam
    AT Section Hiker

"Adventure is not outside man; it is within." ~ Georg Eliot

this business obviously did not know much about hikers... what is so bad about smoke in a room?

Nah. They just need to be refused accommodations a couple places up the Trail, and be told precisely why.
    because they do not behave within certain arbitrarily set standards of OK behavoir?

get em, hitler! to the gas chamber with the infidels!!!

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++